About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities & Our Ideal Candidate
- In-depth experience with web page application design as opposed to brochure-ware design
- Excellent communication skills and ability articulate design decisions to stakeholders
- Excellent sense of spatial awareness with good clean deign
- Experience with widget/ component design and consideration for cross platform/ mobile responsiveness
- Advanced knowledge of relevant interactive prototyping software such as Axure (others considered).
- Graphical tools: Photoshop, Illustrator and other
- Candidates with experience of working on financial transactional based projects will be favoured (FX, Bonds, Derivatives etc)
Preferred Domain Knowledge
- Design and iterate through pixel perfect interactive prototypes to meet requirements of the business for a range of product areas
- Work as part of a cross discipline, agile team dovetailing in LEAN UX techniques
- Conduct user interviews, surveys and best practice studies for requirements extraction and validation
- Work with the development team to extract drafted prototypes/ concepts into their detailed components parts as assets against JIRA user stories
- Rapidly create assets on demand during sprint cycles when required (pixel dimensions, SVG's, page templates)
- Contribute the existing style guide/ pattern library
Other Preferred Skills
- Good knowledge on financial instruments and trading.
- Knowledge of at least one specific asset class / line of financial instruments would be valued.
- Strong analytical & problem solving and creative skills
- Good communication skills in both written and oral English.
- At least 6 years of hands on experience working in a bank or Financial Institution.
- Ability to be organised and multi-task on different requirements across various stakeholders, and to work independently and under pressure.
- Cultural sensitivity and awareness to work with a range of people from diverse background and geographies.
- Should have a technical or numerate degree in subjects such as Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or Economics, advanced degree preferred.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.