VDI IT Specialist
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!About BNP Paribas in Asia Pacific ( www.apac.bnpparibas )
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you're valued as part of our team!
* excluding partnerships
MAIN OBJECTIVES & PURPOSE :
This role is for a technical support position and requires excellent technical knowledge matched by a "can do" hands-on attitude, focusing on the Bank's virtual desktop and virtual application infrastructure. The successful candidate will be a member of a dynamic IT team and will work with other IT teams in Asia. The responsibilities include:
- Managing and supporting Citrix XenApp and Xendesktop platforms.
- Performing BAU tasks to provide application and VDI services to APAC users.
- Assisting with design and implementation on a major virtualisation projects in Singapore, Hong Kong and Japan.
- Troubleshooting issues and resolving problems in a methodical and timely fashion according to strict policies and procedures.
- Performing maintenance duties such as server patching, remediating OS vulnerabilities, updating technical documentation and asset management.
- Performing proactive System Performance Monitoring, Production failover testing and Capacity Management.
- Supporting local, regional and global projects.
- Able to work shifts and occasional weekends.
- Has a collaborative mindset and experience using Agile Methodologies.
- Being available on a 24/7 basis and be willing to travel within Singapore at short notice to perform maintenance and support duties outside of regular business hours.
- Diligently follow the BNPP operational permanent control framework, security and MAS regulations and procedures.
- At least 3 years' experience preferably within a Banking / Financial Institution environment.
- Proven experience supporting Citrix XenApp and Xendesktop, Microsoft Windows Server 2012/2016 and be familiar with Hyper-V and VMWare vSphere as well as Windows Desktop Operating Systems and Office applications.
- Must have certification on Citrix XenApp and Xendesktop technologies.
- Proven experience supporting a large virtual server environments.
- Must have worked on projects using Agile methodologies, active participation in Sprints and using tools such as Kanban board.
- Applicants with knowledge and expsoure to Nutanix products will be preferred.
- Must have great verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be expressive and be able to write clear technical documentation and operating procedures.
- Possess experience and knowledge of server hardware from Tier 1 manufacturers.
- Strong knowledge and experience working with and managing server monitoring software.
- Experience defining and executing Disaster Recovery and Business Contingency Plans
- Be service oriented, customer focused, positive, committed and have an enthusiastic 'can do' attitude. Able to demonstrate a collaborative mindset.
- Possess great time keeping skills and attention to detail is essential.
- Able to plan and can contribute to technology roadmap of the group to implement improvements and close audit points.
- Flexibility to do shift work and some weekends or late after office hours at short notice.
- The ability to perform deep dive analysis of issues and be able to quickly resolve complex problems.
- Must be independent, organized, self-motivated, responsible, able to complete tasks with little or no supervision.
- Relishes taking ownership, being totally hands-on and comfortable directly interfacing with people at all levels of the organisation.
- Able to follow the company's standards, processes and procedures.
- Knows ITIL concepts and can apply them effectively.
- Microsoft certifications are a bonus.
- Project Management experience a bonus.
- Knowledge and experience in PowerShell, Ansible, Visual Basic or Visual Studio.
- Experience supporting Nutanix appliances.