VP/AVP, Operational Risk Manager, Risk Management Group
Risk Management Group works closely with our business partners to manage the bank's risk exposure by balancing its objective to maximise returns against an acceptable risk profile. We partner with origination teams to provide financing, investments and hedging opportunities to our customers. To manage risk effectively and run a successful business, we invest significantly in our people and infrastructure.
Enabling businesses by transforming operational risk management, embedding risk culture and providing data-driven insights to manage risk in a sustainable way Key Accountabilities
As an Operational Risk Manager, you will be accountable for providing objective review and challenge to the business units and support units to ensure operational risk is adequately and effectively managed. You will also be accountable for the independent assessment and monitoring of operational risk in the units via a data-driven approach.
If you have the aptitude and interest in the risk culture discipline, you may also be involved in designing programmes and activities to enhance risk culture and awareness within DBS. Responsibilities
You will be assigned specific line(s) of business and operations which you will work closely with, to monitor the effectiveness of operational risk management within the business units and support units. Key responsibilities:
- Provide advice, objective review and challenge to the units so that key operational risks are adequately and effectively identified, assessed and managed in the business-as-usual activities and in new initiatives, products, processes, etc.
- Review operational risk metrics (risk events, Risk & Control Self-Assessments, Key Risk Indicators, etc) and adequacy of risk responses and action plans; assess if there are systemic/thematic risk concerns that warrant deeper analysis and escalation
- Assess operational risk profile of units, identify and alert senior/unit management of significant or systemic risk issues/ trends
- Conduct thematic risk reviews to identify major areas of risks and control improvements
Involvement in the risk culture programme will include:
- Collaborate with other units such as Human Resources to define target desired culture and develop programme and roadmap to drive towards desired culture. The risk culture programme would include creating staff training and awareness contents and activities, conducting risk culture reviews and researching internal and external data to produce insights to improve risk sensing of staff and enhance risk culture
- Analyse risk data and leverage data analytics to measure and monitor risk culture and report analysis outcome to senior management
- 3 to 5 years of working experience in banks or financial institutions, with good knowledge of banking products and processes. Experience in Institutional Banking, i.e. corporate banking products and processes is preferred
- Aptitude and experience in risk and control related roles in first, second or third lines of defence and familiar with operational risk management concepts and tools
- University degree or equivalent, with major study in finance, business and/or technology
- Passionate and keen interest in subject matter of operational risk management and risk culture
- Positive attitude to change, constantly looking for better ways to get things done and to challenge status quo
- Self-driven and able to balance creative and pragmatic approaches
- Strong communication and facilitation skills; able to work with and influence stakeholders at all levels
- Good knowledge of banking products and processes
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities with affinity to using data to solve problems
- An analytical thinker with good risk sense, and a team player who can persuade/influence others to achieve the operational risk management objectives
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.