VP, EDAG Business/Data Analyst, Data Management Office
- Singapour, Singapore
- CDI, Plein-temps
- United Overseas Bank
- 15 déc. 17
VP, EDAG Business/Data Analyst, Data Management OfficeJob Description
The Data Management Office (DMO) is a business function that covers Enterprise Data Governance, Data Management, Big Data Analytics and Enterprise Data Strategy. Data Management Office ensures that UOB meets all data governance standards set by data regulators and optimize data management and usage to help UOB make smarter, faster and more accurate decisions and to improve operational efficiency.
The Data Management Team (DMT) within the DMO serves as the single point of contact for users across UOB for data issue escalations. The DMT ensures that data hosted in data warehouse is of good quality and conforms to data standards such as completeness, accuracy and consistency, to support regulatory and management reports. The team also promotes data automation and makes use of data to help develop initiatives to improve productivity.
The role is expected to perform advanced analytics and data development to support the vision, strategy and principles of the Data Management team. You will be part of the business function that will be leading the transformational build, use, and deployment of the bank's next generation data analytics capabilities and infrastructure. The role requires you to work closely with business and IT to identify potential gaps and areas for enhancement, and using your technical capability to provision data and implement analytical solutions.
Your main responsibilities include:
• Perform the role of a business lead/analyst on the Enterprise Data Architecture Group (EDAG) Programs to ensure the business requirements and deliverables are aligned to business priorities
• Provide support to business stakeholders in data provisioning, and identifying data trends, patterns and insights on our customers and business operations
• Perform assessments and analysis on existing data ecosystems to identify, propose and implement solutions to enhance data quality, data consistency, and efficiency
• Build and establish a strong relationship with business stakeholders, IT and vendors to deliver business value
• Partnering with various business/support units to provide deep expertise and advisory on data and analytics needs
• Support the Enterprise Data Architecture and Governance Program by applying data modelling capabilities to design, build, and scale our data assets in accordance with our business priorities
- Degree in Computing Science or related disciplines with at least 5 years of working experience in banking or financial industry
- At least 7 years track record of Business Analysis on large projects
- Understanding business models, data dictionaries and to be able to query data using an SQL tool is mandatory
- Min 5 years working experience in Data Analytics or Business Intelligence functions
- Excellent presentation and written communication skills with strong interpersonal skills
- Hands on experience in Hadoop and/ or Teradata is highly desirable
- Knowledge of advanced analytics and BI tools like R, MS BI, Tableau, Qlik, is a strong plus