VP, Head of Asia Strategic market Onboarding
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.84 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,700 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
The Candidate will be responsible for managing a team handling project management for APAC trade floors (Singapore, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Sydney), mainly focusing on EM Asia market related projects. (DM - Japan, Australia are also within coverage)
The position involves daily interaction with Fixed Income Portfolio Managers, Equity Traders, Trade & Regulatory Compliance, Legal, Back Office Operations, Banks and Brokers.
The role requires direct interfacing with Global offices colleagues in different group/teams thus need to be flexible in working hours (interacting with US and Europe counterparts). Flex working policy is available.
The role also involves the compilation of statistical metrics for Senior Management, the onboarding of new brokers/new markets and oversight of critical activity within the EM (fixed income and equity) portfolios.
The successful candidate will demonstrate good judgment, strict attention to detail, an ability to manage multiple tasks and work well in a dynamic group. Position Requirements:
- Strong EM Asia Market onboarding experience and knowledge is a must.
- Project management experience and People management experience.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills - ability to network with various departmental personnel and outside parties.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of staff and management.
- 4 year university degree in finance, accounting, or economics preferred. Graduate studies a plus.
- 5 or more years' experience in the financial service industry.
- Product knowledge in processing and settlement of various financial products (fixed income, forex, equities and derivatives).
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Experience with MS computer applications, proficiency in Visio and Add-In applications, such as Infocube /business objects are a plus;
- Bloomberg trade order management systems and matching utilities preferred.
- Self-motivated, problem solver, detail oriented, resourceful, with the ability to think strategically on how to create business led solutions.
- Mentor junior members of the team providing coaching & training.
- Ability to work effectively with local and global teams.
- Thrive in a fast paced environment.
- Take leadership role in key projects and issue resolution.
- Project management
- Work with major stakeholders (Trade floor, L&C, Technology) to manage all trade floor related projects, mainly in EM market product onboarding.
- Manage a team (2-3 persons) in Strategic business projects.
- Support manager in completing any assignment related to day-to-day requests from Operations, Portfolio, or Account management teams
- Assist manager in servicing clients operational queries and requests
- Participate in client and due diligence meetings
- Provide support on regional/global industry initiatives
- Build strong, cohesive relationships with brokers, custodians and back office operations to enhance process efficiencies, productivity, and controls
- Senior Vice President, Head of Asia Operations & Trade Support
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office