VP, Lead Full Stack Developer, Group Consumer Banking and Big Data Analytics Technology, Technology and Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels. Responsibilities
Write high quality, maintainable production code in an engineering-oriented environment
- Work closely with Product team and Technical Architect to translate both business and non-functional requirements into scalable solutions, ensure compliance with platform architecture standards and patterns
- Take end to end technical ownership of developed features being fully accountable for the efficient and high quality implementation based on relevant technology
- Take responsibility for feature-focused unit and system testing, enforce test-driven development
- Contribute to performance and load testing procedures and issue remediation
- Contribute to coding standards and best practices for the team, participate in code reviews
- Enforce best practices in code quality, security and release/deployment process to achieve near-zero production incidents
- Participate in and drive Proof-of-concepts to assess new solutions and technologies
- Work within an agile environment as part of a cross-functional collaborative team distributed across locations
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience in software engineering designing and building highly scalable applications
- Strong hands-on experience in Java 8, Microservice & Docker
- Good knowledge in workflow tools, e.g, Camunda, Flowable, Activiti.
- Good knowledge in JMS (Active MQ, Kafka, Rabbit MQ), Apache Camel
- Possesses deep understanding on Cloud Native applications
- Highly comfortable with Java Spring Framework / Spring Cloud
- Familiar with front-end frameworks (React or Angular)
- Experienced with building applications using AWS, PCF or Openshift
- Data modelling experience in both Relational and NoSQL databases
- Good understanding of infrastructure components like webservers, appservers, plugins, connection pooling, SLB, firewalls etc.
- Good understanding of OAuth 2.0 / SAML 2.0 protocols
- Experience writing unit, functional, load and end-to-end tests
- Experience in designing and coding scalable microservices
- Experience working with JIRA, Confluence, Jenkins & bitbucket
- Strong working knowledge of SDLC and Agile development methodologies
- Strong knowledge and experience in automation, containerisation and orchestration using tools such as Mesos, Chef, Ansible, Docker, Jenkins, SonarQube, Kubernetes etc.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure, fast paced agile environment
- Degree/Diploma in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Ability to work along with team distributed across geographies
- Certification in AWS, Java, J2EE, ITIL would be an added advantage
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.