VP, Ops Assurance & Audit Mgmt, T&O Risk Governance & Assurance, Group T&O
Posting Date: 03-Jun-2021
Location: Alexandra, Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Technology and Operations
function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches. Job Responsibilities
Reporting to the Group Domain Lead in Group T&O Risk Governance & Assurance (TOGA), the successful candidate will play a key role in ensuring operations risk control assurance of the Bank's Operations. Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Designing and conducting risk-based assurance reviews of operating process and system of controls for credit and loans operations, trade finance and operations readiness. Primary objective is to ensure that internal controls in the Group's operations are in place and effective, in line with the overall objectives of Group T&O and contributes to the improvement of governance and control processes.
- Perform independent assurance review and testing on the completeness and effectiveness of current control processes. Document findings and engage in discussions of observations and recommendations with key stakeholders.
- Knowledge sharing with team members to enhance the core competencies of the team in the scope of coverage.
- Be the key liaison party with Internal Audit and external auditors, and manage operations audit in collaboration with Operations functions in credit and loans operations, trade finance and operations readiness.
Be a part of UOB Family
- Good degree holder in Banking, Finance or Accounting with additional professional qualifications in Accounting, Internal Audit, Risk Management with at least 8 years of working experience;
- Proven and relevant experience in external or internal audit, risk management, compliance, financial control, operations functions or process management of a financial services institution is required;
- Experience in quality and/or process improvement or surveillance methodologies in banking operations will be favorably considered;
- Familiarity with governance control frameworks (COSO, COBIT, CMM) would be an advantage;
- Technically competent and hands-on yet able to influence the operations functions to achieve improvement in controls;
- Positive, conceptual, analytical and strategic-minded, with a high level of integrity and sense of urgency;
- Possess creativity and self-motivation to find solutions in a sometimes ambiguous environment;
- Strong communicator, self-directed and willing to seek solutions to problems;
- Team player and able to perform well in a fast-paced environment;
- Effective presentation, excellent verbal and written communication as well as reporting skills.
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.