VP, System Analyst (Open System), Cards Technology
Posting Date: 12-Oct-2021
Location: Alexandra Road, Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Technology and Operations
function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches. Job Responsibilities
The System Analyst is to work closely with Technical Delivery Manager and is responsible to analyse and define detailed functional specifications based on functional and non-functional requirements.
- Analyse and define detailed functional specifications based on functional and non-functional requirements for loyalty and commercial cards.
- Collaborate with Functional Business Analyst to clarify and transition functional and non-functional requirements into functional specifications.
- Create technical design. Understand technical dependencies within systems that support the full functionality.
- Ensure technical design adheres to architectural roadmap, development practices and security requirements.
- Collaborate with development and infrastructure teams to clarify functional and technical design during build, test and deployment phase.
- Collaborate with Production Support team to establish IT operation procedures and document as part of technical design specification.
- Coordinate execution of threat modelling process with assistance of Security Architect to ensure implementation safeguards is comprehensive in accordance to threats.
- Assist in translating business requirements into test scenarios; and review test strategy.
- Clarify test findings escalated by Test Manager and classify the findings accordingly (as defect or change request)
- Perform detailed impact assessment and effort estimation for change requests.
- Collaborate with different IT teams across infrastructure and other functional technology teams to deliver system solutions.
- Provide resource requirements and develop cost estimation.
- Identify opportunities for improving business processes, functionality through information systems and/or non-system driver changes; assist in the preparation of proposals to develop new systems and/or operational changes.
- Construct workflow charts and diagrams, produce functional specifications, technical specifications and other documentations.
- Participate in transitioning requirements to development teams, and ensure a clear / complete understanding of requirements.
Be a part of UOB Family
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- Relevant experience and in-depth knowledge on Cards/Loyalty domain and/or retail banking.
- At least 8 years of experience in following technical skills with relevant team management experience:
- Oracle database with excellent SQL skills
- Web servers such as Apache HTTP Server
- Unix/Linux with shell programming experience
- Java platform / J2EE and Java web container such as JBoss EAP, Tomcat, WebLogic
- IBM MQ / web services
- Open Banking API development
- Possess strong quantitative, analytical, problem solving and process design skills to translate analysis into solutions
- Curious person with strong problem solving & analytical skills
- Having open mind set and always keen to learn beyond domains under charge so as to build up more holistic knowledge
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and inter-personal skills to manage technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple business units
- Able to work independently and have a keen eye on details.
- Resourceful team player, who can work on multiple assignments, with minimal guidance.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Results-oriented person with a focus on delivery.
- Good understanding and experience in of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), knowledge in Agile development methodology is a plus.
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.