Wealth Management - Head of Business Analytics
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!Position Overview
This position, based in Singapore, is in the Decision Management function of BNPP Wealth Management Asia. The candidate will lead a dedicated business analytics team that uses data, analytics and statistical methods to provide insights critical for business performance. He/she will oversee activities of the team throughout the analytics lifecycle to ensure that analytics delivers business value and work of high quality. Additionally, the Head of Business Analytics will be directly involved in key analytics projects, engaging senior business stakeholders to understand strategic direction, working with internal and external parties to frame, develop and implement analytics solutions and communicating findings and recommendations to senior management
1. Leadership Role
§ Lead and oversee the business analytics team
§ Develop and maintain effective working relationships within the team
§ Coach and mentor key team members to raise critical skills, competency levels and prepare them for professional growth
2. Analytics Role
§ Drive analytics activities at all stages of the analytics life-cycle - understanding business needs, defining business questions to be answered, sourcing, cleansing and transforming data, conducting exploratory data analysis, developing and validating models and explaining analytics results, implications and proposals in business terms
§ Engage stakeholders to understand business issues & opportunities, and formulating it in a manner that can be analysed and modelled
§ Plan and track progress of analytics development activities
§ Identify and obtain relevant data, ensure proper data cleansing, transformation and aggregation rules are applied, explained and documented
§ Ensure that statistical methodologies, analytics and machine learning techniques applied are suitable for the issue at hand, and assumptions / constraints of the techniques are clearly understood
§ Translate analytics findings and insights into actionable business proposals and activities
§ Build effective communication approach using data visualisation techniques, data storytelling and presentation best practices
§ Present findings and recommendations to management
3. Collaboration Role
§ Facilitate individual and team collaboration with internal (data governance, operational analytics & business intelligence) and external (sales management, business projects etc) teams
§ Work with data & process governance team to ensure data & analytics process standards are enforced, and reviewed regularly for continued relevance
§ Work with operational analytics & business intelligence teams to support analytics product implementation and validate relationship between performance and result indicators
1. Minimum 7 years of direct experience in leading data analytics teams in a banking environment in a senior position
2. Proven track record of successful execution of data analytics initiatives where development of insights led to improved business performance. Candidate must be able to demonstrate success leading analytics and analytics teams with experience in senior management engagement, working with structured / unstructured data, applying statistical & analytics methodology to undercover insights, and explaining & presenting analytics recommendations to non-analytics audiences. Individuals with practical experience applying analytics to sales management, client franchise growth & portfolio diversification in private banks will have a strong advantage
3. Bachelors or Master's degree in Data Science, Data Analytics or Applied Statistics
4. Knowledge and experience in usage of R, Tableau, Business Objects and SQL is a plus.
5. Proficiency in Microsoft Office and SharePoint collaboration tools.
1. Excellent verbal and written communication skills - this position requires individuals with exceptional ability to understand business problems, summarise expectations, translate and explain analytical results and recommendations clearly, and precisely in business terms. He/she is expected to interact with numerous stakeholders to aid them in applying data to guide decisions
2. Analytics skills - the candidate must have a passion for using data and data analytics to improve business performance, and be highly knowledgeable and skilled in statistical, analytics and data mining techniques
3. Critical thinking & problem solving skills - ability to assess situations, verify facts, reason logically to formulate and propose alternatives.
4. Interpersonal skills - highly driven and self-motivated, and very comfortable working with senior business executives from cross functional areas, with ability to interact with ease, collaborate with diverse teams, establish rapport and build trust.