Wealth Management Technology, Lead Software Engineer / Solution Architect, Vice President
We are building the #1 Wealth Management CRM Technology platform in the world and we need exceptional, motivated, and world-class talent to join the Wealth Management Investments and Advisor Technology team at JP Morgan Wealth Management. You must have a passion for writing and testing high quality code.
We are looking for a strong hands-on (coding) technologist to be the engineering lead / solution architect of a team building high performing and globally distributed data-intensive application from scratch. Job Description:
- As a leader in Software Engineering, you will combine your years of proven expertise with a never-ending quest to create innovative technology. You'll lead a highly inspired and inquisitive team of technologists who are already developing and deploying applications to the highest standards.
- With your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming, your team will raise their game even more, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements.
- Your experience in one or more technology domains will help solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. As a constant learner and early adopter, you're already embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies; your example encourages others to follow suit.
- You will be responsible for designing and implementing microservices in Java
- You will write test cases using TDD/BDD approach with emphasis on high maintainabilit leading and participating in code review sessions - peer reviews and group reviews. You will provide code review sign-off for your peer's and team member's code.
- You will demonstrate scalability of your services using mock testing frameworks and other tools.
- Participate in the API design sessions and selection of design patterns that are selected for use by the team.
- Technical documentation of service API (using Swagger)
- Implementing logging, auditability, security, and monitoring features.
- You should be able to build lightweight user interface using Angular or React.
Our Asset and Wealth Management division is driven by innovators like you who are driven to create technology solutions that make us work more efficiently and help our businesses grow. It's our mission to efficiently take care of our clients' wealth, helping them get, and remain properly invested. Across 27 cities, our team of 4,600 agile technologists thrive in a cloud-native environment that values continuous learning using a data-centric approach in developing innovative technology solutions.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualifications:
- MUST: At least a BS degree in Computer Science from a reputed university/college.. Can consider non-CS degrees if there is strong relevant experience.
- MUST: Deep knowledge and expertise in Java programming - you should rate yourself 8 out of 10 or higher and be able to demonstrate during the hiring process. Any experience with .NET Framework/C# is a plus but not required.
- MUST: Experience working through entire lifecycle of at least 2 large complex application build-out (from scratch) and delivery for either a large financial organization or a top-class technology product team.
- 8-10 years of experience in the role of software engineer. Experience building a truly distributed architecture based system, especially involving large data volumes and real-time distribution will be huge plus.
- Knowledge of CI/CD, DevOps tool chain, and a test-driven approach to agile delivery is expected.
- Experience with implementing middle-tier data caching solutions (e.g. Gemfire or Apache Ignite) and/or designing/delivering messaging-based solutions (e.g. Kafka) is a plus.
- Knowledge of modern architectures based on microservices, REST APIs, NoSQL stores (e.g. Cassandra), and event-based architecture will be key.