Wintel Engineer (Maternity Cover)
- Singapour, Singapore
- Intérim, Plein-temps
- Schroder Investment Management (Singapore) Ltd
- 14 déc. 18
We are looking for an experienced Server Engineer with a strong working knowledge of Windows server technologies such as VMware, Exchange, Citrix to provide 6 months of maternity cover for the Schroders APAC region. This role covers a mixture of support and project work across the region working within the global Platforms team. The estate requires significant redesign to in order to optimise, standardise and simplify both the technology and operational processes to facilitate a move towards automation and self-service. We utilise both physical and virtual servers to host our estate and are looking to implement an automation platform.
Reporting jointly to the Platforms Team Lead in Singapore, your key responsibilities include:
- Installation, maintenance, administration and support of APAC Wintel server estate within a global team.
- Design, develop, and test scripts and tools to automate operational support processes, improving efficiency, reliability, responsiveness, and ability to scale. Deliver automation at every opportunity.
- Troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
- Review operational services of both in house and external providers to ensure standards are maintained.
- Engage with the wider Schroders support teams in the management and resolution of incidents and problems.
- Work closely with the support functions, the Storage and Unix engineers to ensure all designs & deployments are globally consistent, scalable and supportable.
- Establish and document regional and global standards.
- Maintain high-levels of uptime across the estate.
General and Technical Skills:
- Bachelor degree in Computing Science or any other relevent discipline.
- At least 5-7 years of relevent experience/in-depth knowledge of Active Directory, Windows Server 2012/2008, Citrix XenApp, VMWare, SCCM, and PowerShell .
- Knowledge of Nutanix, Cisco UCS, HP blades, Pure Storage, Rubrik, EMC VMAX/VNX, HP 3Par, Sophos, Enterprise Vault, and Netbackup preferred.
- Ability to create high quality documentation for colleagues and end users alike
- Experienced working with managed service providers and outsourcers
- Have a history of working in a mission-critical environment.
- Background in financial services or similar regulated industry is an advantage
- Experienced in converged datacenter design & next gen storage.
- Knowledge of volume management, storage backup, monitoring and configuration management software.
- Knowledge and experience of building capacity planning and capacity management processes.
- Knowledge of security and vulnerability based approach to security hardening.
- Thrives working under pressure
- Effective communicator and able to work collaboratively in a global team.
- Enjoys working in a fast changing environment and take ownership of their work.
- The ability to work as part of a team across time zones and to share information with the wider team.