aXess Platform Engineer
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
Standard Chartered Bank is looking for a Software Engineer to join a team of engineers focused on the development of world-class digital products. Our team builds unique productivity tools that enhance the employee and customer experience at our Bank. You will be working with an international team of engineers, UX and UI designers, and senior business leaders.
You would own the technical implementation of projects and provide mentorship and guidance for our team. As a Software Engineer, you would be expected to participate in discussions and planning around software architecture and enterprise platform integrations. You would work closely with the UX and UI teams to take innovative solutions from concept to prototyping to production. All projects are for internal Bank use for a global audience.
The ideal candidate is open-minded, a team player, and excited by fresh challenges in an innovative working environment. Experience working remotely is a plus. You would gain valuable work experience through direct collaboration with senior level engineers and designers who have backgrounds in the top Silicon Valley technology companies. The Role Responsibilities
- Build, test and deploy web applications
- Engage with other teams across the Bank to innovate and solve platform integration challenges
- Run software testing and support prototyping efforts
- Participate in engineering discussions and workshops
- Work with engineering and design teams practicing scrum methodology
- Collaborate with teams to take strategic decisions
- Stay on top of the latest technology trends and helping to keep our team ahead
- Provide constructive ideas and solutions to challenges, present ideas to stakeholders
Our Ideal Candidate
- 10+ years of experience
- HTML 5, CSS 3, SASS/LESS, Bootstrap
- Node.js, Express OR Java, Spring Boot
- MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Redis
- Experience with unit-testing and test automation
- Experience with back-end performance optimisation
- Ability to design and document software architecture and APIs and easily communicate with multiple stakeholders
- Understanding of data models and data access architecture
- Advanced skill in version control systems like GitHub/Git
- Docker, Kubernetes
- PHP, Drupal
- Exposure to architectural patterns of large scale web applications, including well designed and documented APIs, high volume data pipelines, enterprise level software integrations
- Thorough and deep understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Experience with agile software development practice
- Experience with rapid prototyping and testing techniques
- Degree in Computer Science
- Excellent verbal and written communication, and presentation skills in English
- Open to working in areas outside of your comfort zone, experimenting with new technologies and techniques
- Able to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment
- Comfortable working in a corporate environment
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Excellent problem solving skills, open to challenges
- Critical thinking and communication skills
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.