Senior Data Engineer - AIA
What makes Cognizant a unique place to work? The combination of rapid growth and an international and innovative environment! This is creating a lot of opportunities for people like YOU - people with an entrepreneurial spirit who want to make a difference in this world.
At Cognizant, together with your colleagues from all around the world, you will collaborate on creating solutions for the world's leading companies and help them become more flexible, more innovative, and successful. And this is your chance to be part of the success story: we are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our Artificial Intelligence & Analytics Team. About Cognizant Artificial Intelligence & Analytics
Cognizant's Artificial Intelligence & Analytics (AIA) is one of the world's biggest BI practices (20.000+ colleagues) and well-known for its ability to execute and client focus. We have a broad range of experience in different functions like Customer Analytics, Visualization, Big Data, Data Warehouse design, Data modelling and others. Although we are a big organization, we value proximity and toward our employees we act in small communities where everybody knows each other.
As Data Engineer you will be part of our exciting European team. We offer an international, result driven -but at the same time fun -environment to grow in, learn and build your own professional network. You will be part of the AIA team, which provides a full range of data and analytic services to clients across multiple sectors. You will work alongside other experts to deliver BI solutions to our clients, many of whom are well-known brands. About the role
We are looking for candidates focusing on big data analytics space. In this job, you will need to function as senior big data engineer who masters multiple roles such as solution designer, developer, maintenance personnel, meaning a full stack Dev-Ops engineer.
You should be passionate about tackling complex problems, especially tuning, scaling, and multi-tenancy. You should be a good team player who knows how to work with agile Dev-Ops setup. You should be proficient enough to realize and translate business requirements into data products catering to use cases. You should also help business users to understand and realize their need of data-driven analytics. Our ideal candidate
What you can expect
- Strong experience with Big Data technologies.
- Experience with Hadoop ecosystem technologies like HDFS, Hive, Spark, Kafka, Airflow.
- Strong development/automation skills. Must be very comfortable with reading and writing SCALA and Python code.
- Experience with data manipulation languages and technologies such as Spark-SQL, Hive HQL, Shell-Scripts.
- Good understanding of Hadoop ecosystem component architecture - HDFS, Yarn, Kafka, Spark and various Hadoop cluster components.
- Sound knowledge of security protocols and systems such as Kerberos, LDAP, AD servers.
- Experience with big data use cases around pipelines, data lakes, reporting, and other data-driven functionalities
- Consultative approach about identifying client issues and commitment to deliver high quality solutions
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, with permanent-maintainable-reusable solution approach.
- Experience with multi-tenant data lake implementation.
- Experience with performance tuning, scaling and reusability aspects of complex applications.
- Hands-On experience on development of BI reports.
- Hands-On experience on tuning of BI reports for faster deliveries.
- Experience in leading teams focusing on agile way of working.
- Experience with handling trouble tickets, identifying root-causes and fixing with permanent solutions.
- Become part of a 'flag ship' success story - We go through enormous growth!
- Organization driven by technology - We have a tremendous technology backbone
- Open, 'can do' team spirit
- Environment where you can make your own ideas reality
- Drive your own career
- Market conform benefits #Mgr