About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
The Compliance Officer is responsible for the Compliance function of Northern Trust in Switzerland. This will encompass identification, control, assessment and reporting to the Chief Compliance Officer of NTGS SE. This role will be responsible for the management of the Swiss entity compliance risks, in line with NTGS SE Compliance risk appetite and policies and procedures. This role involves acting as an advisor to the management team to manage compliance risks in line with NT and NTGS SE rules as well as acting as the local Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) and Privacy Officer.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
• Ensure that the Swiss regulatory requirements, and related changes, are adequately captured within the compliance guidelines, policies and programs applying to the Swiss entity;
• Control, assess and report to the Chief Compliance Officer of NTGS SE and to the local Management if the Swiss entity complies with the Swiss regulation and NTGS SE internal compliance rules;
• Act as Money Laundering Reporting Officer and Privacy Officer for the Swiss entity;
• Report promptly any significant compliance risk issues to NTGS SE Chief Compliance Officer and Management;
• Deliver to local Management and business partners a pro-active “consultancy” style advisory service, offering technical advice, and interpretation and training on corporate policies, rules and regulatory changes;
• Regulatory watch of the financial laws and regulations which apply to the business segment in which Northern Trust operates in Switzerland (at both entity and product levels);
• Attend, Board meetings and ad hoc managers meetings so as to ensure the activities of Northern Trust Switzerland meet all its legal and regulatory requirements;
• Interacts and develops strong relationships within the organization and other members of the Risk and Compliance team, both in Switzerland and across Northern Trust offices.
• Interact with the Swiss financial authorities as a privileged and trusted contact point, and maintain the record of all exchanges with these authorities, as well as a formal tracking of the appropriate and timely remediation of all their eventual requests and answer to all their eventual questions by the local Management.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
• Master’s Degree in economics or finance, any certification (FRM/CFA) would be an additional benefit
• Robust Compliance experience in a bank offering Fund Administration and Depositary services;
• Sound knowledge of the Swiss banking regulatory framework (including AML/CTF laws and Custody and Depositary regulations) under which a FINMA regulated asset servicing firm providing Collective Investment Schemes’ Administration and Custody and Depositary services) operates ;
• Experience of providing compliance advisory support to senior management and Directors of the Swiss bank;
• Demonstrated experience with regulatory authorities and notably with the FINMA;
• Proven record of problem solving and delivering effective solutions.
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.