Manager Transaction Advisory Services with focus Life Sciences in Basel
We are looking for a Manager to strengthen our Transaction Support Team with focus Life Sciences in Basel EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in theWe are looking for a Manager to strengthen our Transaction Support Team with focus Life Sciences in Basel
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Visit us at http://www.ey.com/CH/en/Careers
You have set your sights high. Get ready to take the leap of your life: join EY’s Transaction Advisory Services (TAS). As an important player in our market leading team, you would have challenging national and international projects: from SMEs to SMI companies and from private equity to family office. Our Transaction Support team aims to assist clients throughout the entire transaction process, and works closely with other specialists both within TAS and other Service Lines. Whilst traditional financial due diligence is a key element of our work, transaction support is much broader, incorporating assistance with strategic assessment, transaction management, negotiation and documentation, and post-completion processes.
Tasks that you promote
As a leading professional services firm, we are looking for talented professionals with the intellectual inquisitiveness and entrepreneurial spirit to help build a better working world. Your tasks will be:
- Manage and participate in due diligence engagements related to acquisitions by Life Sciences companies. Analyze financial/operational results of targets through reviewing accounting records and conducting interviews with management. Prepare/evaluate pro forma financial information
- Lead the preparation of client deliverables including excel databook analysis, reports, presentations and discussion packs
- Identify issues for purchase price reductions, deal structuring or deal termination. Identify post-acquisition action steps to achieve anticipated earnings/cash flow improvements. Evaluate effects of seasonality and cyclicality on cash flow requirements. Perform industry and company research. Correlate due diligence findings with client valuations. Manage expectations of service.
- Review the work of Staff and Senior employees
- Conduct timely performance reviews for Staff and Senior employees and help to develop and guide staff and other junior Transaction Support professionals by providing effective performance feedback/training and ensuring team responsibilities are consistent with skills and developmental goals. Lead by example
- Generate new business opportunities for Life Sciences companies. Identify business development opportunities and assist Partners and Senior Managers on proposals and new business opportunities by drafting responses, participating in the proposal process, building client relationships, demonstrating knowledge of client business and communicating directly with the target company.
- Assist in deploying new digital analytics tool such as Spotfire, Tableau, Alteryx
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance and at least 6 years, or Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance and at least 5 years of related professional experience in accounting and financial due diligence at a ‘Big 4’ or equivalent professional services firm
- At least 2+ years of experience in conducting due diligence assignments
- At least 2+ years of public accounting experience with an industry focus on Life Sciences preferred
- Preferably Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) charter holder with knowledge of international accounting frameworks (IFRS, US GAAP) for Life Science industry a plus
- Commercial awareness gained through relevant experience (either from within an Audit or Transaction Support role)
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills in English, further language skills an advantage
- Established networking skills in a relevant industry
- Dedication to teamwork
- Strong work initiative and the ability to adapt to new challenges and ideas
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills, and the ability to develop long-lasting relationships both internally and externally.
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 40% on short notice
More opportunities for your development
Do you have challenging plans? Stick to them and realize your goals with us! Design your career with EY in a culture that promotes diversity and education. In an environment that constantly opens new doors through knowledge sharing, flexibility and recognition. We offer you to join our highly motivated team of advisory professionals. You will be working and learning in a highly dynamic and cross-functional team - being able to boost your learning curve through the combination of intensive team work, challenging client projects and being part of the network of one of the world’s leading professional services firms.
Raphael Keusch is looking forward to receiving your application
Do the next step and apply for this position online. Ref No: BAS0002U. For further information please contact our recruitment team (Recruitment.firstname.lastname@example.org / +41 58 286 33 66).
Only direct applications are considered.