Modern Workplace System Engineer / Ingenieur
On behalf of our client, a global financial institution, Swisslinx is looking for an experienced Modern Workplace System Engineer for a contract position in Basel, Switzerland. The primary purpose of this role is to support design, implementation and management of the client infrastructure.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Implementing, maintaining and enhancing the platform for managing the endpoint environment.
• Managing the user environment, with responsibility for defining, configuring and managing the client desktop experience.
• Third-level support for Windows clients including performance monitoring and resolution of client performance issues.
• Third-level support for the Banks core applications (e.g. Office, Adobe) including performance monitoring and resolution of client performance issues.
• Implementing and maintaining a client endpoint security posture, ensuring compliance with the organisation standards and expectations.
• Analyse existing IT Infrastructure in order to develop and plan a Mobile Device Management strategy.
• Contribute towards adoption of new Microsoft Azure services, and help maintaining existing ones.
• Deep understanding of Windows operating system and related technology stack including SCCM, Intune, Microsoft 365, SCCM Co-Management, Microsoft Azure, GPO.
• Strong Desktop Support background with a proven record of delivering Microsoft-focused large-scale solutions using Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager (aka SCCM) and Intune.
• Policies and management options for Windows, Android and iOS devices based on Microsoft Intune.
• In depth knowledge of Windows Autopilot, Desktop Analytics, Conditional Access, Mobile Application Management, Intune Application Lifecycle
• Experience of writing technical documentation, and being able to roll this out to individuals and teams to put procedures and standards in place.
• Fluent in English (oral and written), with a second language (German) desirable.
By applying for this position, I consent to the Swisslinx Group of companies:
- storing my personal information (including name, contact details, Identification and CV information etc.) on their internal or external servers for the purpose of informing me of potential employment opportunities
- using my personal information or
- supplying it to third parties upon express consent for the purpose of informing me of potential job opportunities
- transferring where applicable my personal information to a country outside the EEA/EFTA