- Zurich, Zürich, Suisse
- CDI, Plein-temps
- KPMG AG
- 22 janv. 18
Assistant Manager DPP Audit - US Standards
Do you have a passion for solving complex business problems and are you looking for a challenging position and your next career step in a multinational company? Our KPMG Department of Professional Practice (DPP) is actively looking for a highly motivated individual to join their team.
Start date: Spring 2018
- Act as US GAAP (US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) and US auditing standards subject matter expert within KPMG Switzerland
- Perform integrated audits of Swiss subsidiaries of U.S. companies including reporting to KPMG U.S. and other group auditors
- Support engagement teams during PCAOB inspections
- Perform financial statement conversions to US GAAP
- Coach Swiss-based audit teams on technical US accounting, auditing and reporting inquiries
- Provide accounting advisory and SOX advisory services to non-audit clients
- Provide guidance to clients and engagement teams on interpretations of US GAAP
- Exercise quality control on financial statements prepared in accordance with US GAAP
- Perform other transaction based projects that require US GAAP and SEC reporting expertise (comfort letters, agreed-upon procedures and reviews of registration statements)
- Participate in internal and external technical networks
- Provide direction and input to internal and external US GAAP/PCAOB training sessions and lead expert workshops and trainings
- Support engagement teams in (client) workshops related to new or revised standards
- Publish internal and external articles on US GAAP/GAAS matters
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, US GAAS/PCAOB and SEC requirements and US audit methodology
- Minimum 3-4 years of recent integrated (SOX and US GAAP/PCAOB) audit experience either with KPMG or another Big 4 firm and proficiency in researching accounting and auditing issues
- U.S. CPA license
- Strong project management skills
- Able to deliver high quality services under tight deadlines
- Highly motivated team player, curious, proactive and with a positive attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English; German is a plus
- Targeted career development and internal and external attractive training and further education options
- Possibilities for global and Switzerland-wide mobility across all sectors and locations
- 25-30 days of leave, option for compensation of overtime (with the exception of management staff); management staff receive an additional 4 to 6 days of leave
- Maternity leave of 16 weeks, paternity leave of 5 days and free advice from the external family service
Ancillary benefits may apply to certain positions (e.g. fixed-contract positions).
KPMG as an employer
The KPMG Department of Professional Practice (DPP) provides high quality technical and specialist accounting expertise and advice to teams with US Financial Reporting or PCAOB Auditing considerations. DPP also covers regulatory Training and Education of our teams and further develops the technical and methodological capabilities across the firm. DPP Audit - US Standards team in Switzerland is a team of experienced accounting and auditing professionals, who are US Certified Public Accountants with auditing backgrounds. We are committed to supporting the quality and effectiveness of KPMG's professional services.
KPMG is one of the leading financial audit and advisory services firms in the world. Its international network makes it possible for KPMG to offer clients clear and consistent solutions locally thanks to cross-border know-how. KPMG Switzerland advises both internationally active firms and regionally active SMEs. In addition to quality and industry knowledge, one thing is key for us: client proximity. Together with our clients and organised around their needs, we develop tailor-made solutions in the audit, tax and advisory fields, within the framework of the rules of independence.
+41 58 249 26 30
To apply for this vacancy, please provide your cover letter, CV and all relevant certificates. We look forward to receiving your application.