- Zurich, Zürich, Suisse Zurich Zürich CH
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Swiss Reinsurance Company
- 13 juil. 18 2018-07-13
About Swiss Re
The Swiss Re Group is one of the world's leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. It anticipates and manages risk – from natural catastrophes to climate change, from ageing populations to cyber crime. The Swiss Re Group is organised into three Business Units, each with a distinct strategy and set of objectives contributing to the Group's overall mission.
About the Role
The Economist role in Group Economic Research and Strategy is a unique opportunity for you to work on hands-on projects with a tangible impact. Together with a high-caliber and motivated international team, you will be able to actively contribute to the formulation of our economic, insurance and interest rate forecasts for the Group.
The role is a broad and exciting professional growth opportunity and serves as an excellent stepping stone within the company with frequent exposure to senior management. Most activities involve collaboration with other teams across the Group. You will mainly be responsible for thought-provoking analysis of the EMEA macroeconomic environment and related forecasts. In addition, you will shape key strategic projects across the Group and drive Swiss Re's thought leadership. You will often work under tight deadlines in a very dynamic, international environment.
About the Team
Group Economic Research and Strategy (GERS) is part of the Swiss Re Institute, and is responsible for analyzing and forecasting the global macroeconomic and insurance market environment. GERS holds a crucial role in steering Swiss Re's capital allocation for both sides of the balance sheet. The Group also drives thought leadership on topics of strategic importance for the Group and helps shaping the policy dialogue and outcome. GERS is responsible for Swiss Re's flagship sigma publication series.
GERS is highly visible and interacts with a wide variety of key stakeholders and decision makers across the organization and externally. We are a truly global team located in Zurich, New York, Hong Kong and Beijing and collaborate closely with all of Swiss Re's re/insurance business units and Group functions.
Swiss Re embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We further collaborate in a flexible working environment, providing all of our employees with a compelling degree of autonomy to decide how, when and where we work most effectively.
- Master's degree in Economics or related areas, with about 2-4 years work experience in economic or insurance research or asset management
- Very agile and open-minded personality with ability to work under tight timelines
- A strong interest in applied research
- Ability to break down and communicate complex concepts in an easy and digestible way verbally and in writing
- Internationally focused and highly motivated with a can-do attitude; dedication to continuous learning and willingness to challenge and improve the status quo
- Ability to think strategically while crafting detailed, high quality deliverables
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, additional languages (e.g. German) are a plus
- Team player, comfortable working with colleagues from diverse backgrounds
- Proficiency in Excel and Powerpoint is required. Programming skills in one of the major statistical softwares/programming languages (R, Stata, Matlab, Python, EViews) is an advantage
Take a risk worth taking. Register and apply at
Reference code: 65064