The chance for an EM specialist on bond picking and credit research to join the asset management arm of a leading, Swiss bank with strong global presence. Job can be based in Zurich or Geneva (or the possibility to work some days out of either office). Great opportunity for a high flyer credit analyst or credit strategist with at least 4 years+ relevant experience from buy-side or sell-side and for someone interested in a career out of Switzerland!
Leading and long-established Swiss bank with very strong presence across Switzerland as well as globally. It's busy Geneva and Zurich offices offer asset management services on a major scale, working closely with their other global offices. They also offer bespoke private banking services to its HNW and UHNW clients as well as being strong on corporate banking. With a human-size and very long-standing presence, our client offers a friendly, meritocratic and dynamic place to work where you would have responsibility, be very visible and be able to progress your career to the next level.
Are you a buy-side or sell-side EM credit analyst looking for a fresh challenge? This is a leading asset management division of a top-tier player and can offer the chance to be more visible and have more responsibility in a broader role as part of a human-sized group. It also offers the chance to work in the leading financial centre that is Switzerland.
Fed up of London and looking for a better quality of life in a safe place with a strong economy? Perhaps you are already based in the region? Geneva and Zurich have lots to offer (some possibility of days working out of our client's Zurich office as well as Geneva office, most likely). In addition, Finders know this client extremely well, and have been specifically asked to work on this mandate, giving peace of mind when applying, as we have quite some influence and credibility.
Joining a busy team, you will be joining our client's Asset Management Credit Research team in the Emerging Markets space. You will be providing top-down and bottom-up analysis across selected regions and issuers (focusing primarily on: Eastern Europe, Middle East, Africa), supporting portfolio managers in Geneva and Zurich and working closely with their other global teams.
Your duties will include, but not limited to
- Research tasks to include financial modelling, covenant analysis, assessment of management quality, review of third-party research, and interacting with management and sell-side analysts
- Undertake fundamental bottom-up credit analysis, relative value analysis and provide documented investments recommendations of selected debt issuers across the CEEMEA region (for both corporates and banks)
- Work with the Emerging Markets economist and the broader research team to assess the relevant economic and political risks the companies may face
- Contribute to source a buy-list of recommended bonds and communicate updates to team members and to the firm's portfolio managers in a timely fashion (both orally and written)
- Participate to Emerging Markets conference calls with portfolio managers and analysts from across the Group as well as writing a weekly credit strategy report on Emerging Markets and put together monthly and quarterly flagship publications
- Communicate views and/or key investment recommendations to the relationship managers, senior management and selected media
- Contribute to the investment committees on an ad hoc basis and to other meetings when needed by communicating top-down and bottom up fundamental and market views as well as regional or thematic calls
- Around 5-7 years+ experience on the buy-side or sell-side as a credit analyst in the Emerging Markets field, with a bias towards CEEMEA region if possible
- Master in business administration, economy or finance; CFA a plus
- Good exposure to credit analysis of governments as well as corporates and financials
- A bottom up approach but also used to doing some macro (EM credit strategists who see themselves in a more bottom-up role also considered as well as those from credit risk roles strong on bond picks)
- A self-sufficient person who is at ease in a medium-sized structure and is very hands-on and hard-working as well as entrepreneurial
- Ability to propose new ideas, to set up own framework and to take initiatives in order to enhance and streamline the credit research process
- Strong communication skills - able to elaborate own views and to communicate them in a convincing and synthetic way, combined with excellent writing and analytical skills
- Fluent in English; French and/or German is a strong plus but by no means essential
- Already based in the Geneva or Zurich region with valid work permit, or compelling reasons for wishing to move to Switzerland (relocation support on offer potentially for the right person, but the candidate must have a strong reason for wanting to move to Switzerland