A MongoDB Expert is a person with a high degree of knowledge and execution capability regarding all possible tasks to be performed in a MongoDB infrastructure.
This robe is mix of responsibilities and skillset, including DBA and development knowledge and expertise.
The role is accountable for providing L2/L3 technical support, from assigned projects, incident and problem managed to stability initiatives, life cycle projects and other BAU tasks which includes liaising with Engineering, partnering with peer teams like Unix, Windows, Storage and Networks.
• Able to work on a flexible schedule, which may be 24x5, 24x7, normal business hours, or may involve occasional weekend and evening work either on-call support or in other forms
• Analyse Business Requirements and Assess Impact With Existing Database Architecture
• Perform troubleshooting and diagnostic analysis of issues during production outages and provide resolution or workaround quickly to mitigate business impact. Help identify root cause.
• Perform maintenance activities on the infrastructure during regular planned dates and during scheduled major maintenance weekends
• performance improvement: Query's and Indexes implementation
• Fine-tune configurations - MongoDB and servers for performance improvement - using all possible knowledge sources
• Create and publish database health checks to monitoring systems for the following:
• Implement HA solution and define Backup/Recovery strategy
• Implement best practices (for backups, recovery, replication, health checks, Database hardening)
• Assist with the design of redundant systems, policies, and procedures for disaster recovery to ensure effective availability, protection, and integrity of data assets
• Plan, coordinate and implement security measures to safeguard information in computer files against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure
• Modify existing databases and database management systems or direct programmers and analysts to make changes.
• Specify users and user access levels for each segment of database.
• Act as an application DBA during the design process
• Design and implement DR plans & HA solutions and recommendations
• Evaluate, plan and perform the DB upgrades
• This role requires a bachelor's degree in a related field, such as computer science, information technology, electronics engineering, computer engineering or equivalent degree
• It is desirable a minimum of 5 years of work experience• as a MongoDB DBA / Mongo DB Developer or in a similar role
• String experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization - specially in Cloud environment
• Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
• Experience in developing methods for integrating different products so they work properly together such as customizing commercial databases to fit specific needs
• Experience in developing standards and guidelines to guide the use and acquisition of software and to protect vulnerable information
• Experience in working as part of a project team to coordinate database development and determine project scope and limitations
• Experience in reviewing procedures in database management system manuals for making changes to database
• Experience in identifying and evaluate industry trends in database systems to serve as a source of information and advice for upper management
• Experience in developing data model describing data elements and how they are used, following procedures and using pen, template or computer software
• Should have strong analytical and problem-solving skills in PERL Scripting
• Ability to maintain multiple development, QA and production NoSQL environments
• Ability to test programs or databases, correct errors, and make necessary modifications.
• Professional posture and can-do attitude
• Experience using Service Management Tools (e.g. ServiceNow)
• Desirable ITIL V3 certification or equivalent
• Fluent English language. German knowledge is an additional advantage
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 193 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.