Fixed Income Trader
AM Execution Trader Fixed Income
At Vontobel, we are committed to actively shaping our future. As a global financial services provider with Swiss roots, we specialize in active asset management, wealth management and investment solutions that fit.
The Asset Management division offers a broad variety of investment products and strategies that help our clients get ahead. We have approximately CHF 110 Bn in Assets under Management and our client base spans the globe and includes institutional, retail and wholesale accounts. Our clients' assets are managed in an active style and invested in a wide variety of asset classes.
At Vontobel Group and in the Asset Management division, we are making investments to build an exceptional infrastructure team that supports a global business. Executing like a startup allows us to move quickly and aggressively and helps us support a dynamic and competitive asset management business that is highly dependent on accessing markets globally. Based in Zurich, with future potential to move to London, you are part of a new infrastructure team that supports all of our boutiques and operates globally. The trading and execution function facilitates access to global markets and is building out a sophisticated investment technology architecture with new systems and applications.
The successful candidate reports to the Global Head of Execution and Investment Services.
Collaboration with other parts of the Vontobel group will be important and should benefit this role significantly: Close collaboration and exchange with portfolio management will be an important element of making this role successful. In particular there will be learning and development opportunities to establish the team as a core capability within AM.
Your opportunity Your challenge
- Provide order execution capability across a broad variety of boutiques, investment strategies and asset classes with a primary focus in Fixed Income.
- Provide in depth market color and quantitative insights that the investment teams can leverage to the advantage of our investors. Combine quantitative and qualitative analyses to help generate insight and support the firm's asset management capabilities.
- Network with other market participants, peers, competitors and the brokerage community at large to keep abreast of market developments and gather further insights into developments that are of interest to the team and the asset management boutiques
- Manage market access, seek out sources of liquidity and coordinate with investment teams and the rest of the trading and execution team to facilitate adequate balance of risk and return
- Maintain strong broker relationships and an overview of execution capabilities within different global regions
- Detailed and sophisticated analysis of execution quality and broker performance
- Contributing to the design and maintenance of a stable and efficient execution process for AM across various time zones and regions including liaising with the rest of the team and assuring adequate coverage of all relevant markets
- Collaborate with portfolio managers, client specialists, legal and compliance as well as with supporting technology teams. Represent the team and report achievements to the Brokerage and Execution Committee
- 4-5 years of relevant experience and expertise in trading and execution, asset management and/or financial services with a defined specialty in Fixed Income trading.
- Focus will be primarily in four activity managed product lines: Global and Swiss Bonds, Corporate Bonds, Emerging Markets Bonds and Global Flexible Bonds.
- Extensive experience leveraging transaction cost analyses and defending execution capabilities to clients, investors, portfolio managers, and regulators
- Strong communication skills. Communication and collaboration style will be important to be successful in this role, especially across regions and when needing to integrate with investment teams that are located in different time zones.
- "Can do" attitude, excelling through flexibility and creativity and fostering a collaborative and communicative team environment
- Strong ethics, regard for compliance and regulatory requirements
- University degree in finance, mathematics or comparable sciences and relevant work experience
- Language: English
Perry Tucker is looking forward to receive and review your application.Please apply via our career portal. For this position, please note that we do not consider applications from recruitment agencies.
If you have any question you can contact us through our contact form .