Manager in Financial Accounting Advisory Services with US GAAP and SEC experience
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. InEY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Visit us at http://www.ey.com/CH/en/Careers
To further support the significant growth of our Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) team in Switzerland, we are looking to hire additional highly-qualified resources in Zurich/Basel. Specifically, as part of this job posting, we are looking for a Manager to support our US GAAP and US Capital Markets team. Working across many different industries, this Manager will develop by executing and leading US GAAP and US capital markets specific FAAS projects. It is all about listening to our clients, asking the better questions, and supporting them in areas where there are no off-the-shelf solutions.
Tasks that you promote
- Collaborate with the EY FAAS leadership in Switzerland to develop and execute on strategies for individual clients to satisfy high client expectations
- Be responsible for managing and delivering US GAAP / US capital markets type FAAS projects
- Ensure everyone on the team fully understands the client's business and needs and expectations to develop client deliverables that are client-focused, clear, accurate and well-presented
- Ensure work is delivered in a timely manner and in compliance with regulatory requirements
- Work with other service lines and subject matter experts in providing an integrated service delivery model across functions in an international team to meet the our clients’ high expectations
- Bachelor or Master degree (preferred in Accounting/Finance), complemented with completed further relevant professional education (e.g., US CPA (preferred), or Swiss CPA, ACCA, CFA).
- 5 to 8 years of experience in audit or consulting with a focus on US GAAP, PCAOB, SOX, SEC, and US capital market transactions.
- IFRS knowledge is not required but a plus to support GAAP conversion projects
- A proven record of excellence when managing, mentoring and improving a team of high-performing individuals
- Strong technical writing skills and advanced risk management knowledge
- Proactive, flexible and team-oriented from concept and design through to implementation of projects. Intellectual curiosity and willingness to go “the extra mile”
- Ability to build your relevant internal and external networks in a fast-paced and international environment investing in sustainable relationships
- Very good English skills (speaking and writing) is a prerequisite, German and French are a plus
More opportunities for your development
Do you have challenging plans? Stick to them and realize your goals with us! Design your career with EY in a culture that promotes diversity and education. In an environment that constantly opens new doors through knowledge sharing, flexibility and recognition. We offer you to join our highly motivated team of advisory professionals. You will be working and learning in a highly dynamic and cross-functional team - being able to boost your learning curve through the combination of intensive teamwork, challenging client projects and being part of the network of one of the world’s leading professional services firms.
Mr. Jona Fahrlaender is looking forward to receiving your application
Do the next step and apply for this position online. Ref No: SWI000IG