Risk System Engineer
Are you tech-savvy and at the same time enjoy the fascination of closeness to the financial markets?
Are you experienced in the realm of risk management systems and in particular
working with Front Arena? Are quality and speed no contradiction to you?
On our Front Arena team, based either in Zurich or in Frankfurt, you will get the opportunity to contribute to one of the most complex and interesting structured products business cases from a risk management system perspective.
- Agile and continuous enhancements of our risk system (Kanban priority approach) making an direct impact on stakeholder experience.
- Playing an active role in the further optimization of our Front Arena continuous integration / continuous deployment framework with emphasis on automated testing and, thereby, improve reliability, quality, and time-to-market of our risk management solutions
- Playing an active role in the exploration of potential alternatives to Front Arena in a PoC context.
- Reduce technical debt by strategically refactor and automate complex processes and code.
- Analysis of capacity utilization and active capacity management as well as infrastructure modernization. Treat operations as if it is a software problem. Measure and optimize system performance, with an eye towards pushing our capabilities forward, getting ahead of customer needs, and innovating to continually improve.
- Being an active driver for the rollout and testing of Front Arena Upgrades and Hotfixes
- Taking over support and on call coverage on a rotational base.
- Design and continuous optimization of our Front Arena process schedules under consideration of available capacities as well as multiple stakeholder expectations
- Drive the utilization of new technologies, in particular exploration of cloud-based scaling approaches for our risk management system.
- Being first point of contact for all arena users
- Bachelor or Master in one of the following: Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering.
- At least 3 years experience in development and operations of a risk system.
- Ability to program (structured and OO) with Python and coding experience beyond simple scripts.
- Familiarity with Front Arena components ADS, AMAS, AMS, AMBA, TAB and front arena software framework components AEL, ACM, ADFL, ASQL
- Depending on your working location willing to travel to other Vontobel locations on occasional basis
- Profound knowledge in technologies like Apache Kafka, Splunk, Grafana, Snowflake, MSSQL Server, Windows Server would be a plus
- Passionate about software development, code quality and system/process optimizations.
- Keenly interested in in structured and exchange trades financial product, there valuation and risks and life-cycle management.
- Eager to work with risk management systems and their integration into a trading environment
- Showing a proactive approach to spotting problems, areas for improvement, and performance bottlenecks
- Diligent in your analysis of complex challenges and design holistic solutions to satisfy customers on the one hand and ensure a maintainable, stable software system on the other hand
- Eager to work in agile team setup
Thank you for applying to Vontobel. We will carefully review your application and will respond to you in a timely manner.
At Vontobel, we are an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity.
We value the many voices within our teams and are committed to creating an environment where everyone who wants to be part of our performance culture can be themselves. It is based on mutual respect and zero tolerance for any form of discrimination.
If you have any questions you can contact us through our contact form .