Senior Actuary (non-life) 80-100%
- Zurich, Zürich, Suisse
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Zurich Insurance Company Ltd
- 15 juil. 18
In this role, you will provide a high quality, cost effective actuarial service to the group actuarial department, provide support to the Chief Actuary, to business partners and pillar leads within group actuarial department. Furthermore, you will act as technical supervisor for more junior actuarial staff to ensure that team objectives are achieved.
As a Senior Actuary (non-life) your main responsibilities will involve:
• Provide professional actuarial support including insights into underlying performance and implications for the business
• Ensure that processes and standards are consistent with internal Zurich actuarial policies and guidance as well as existing regulations
• Provide thought leadership on actuarial topics with a moderate level of complexity / diversity
• Coordinate, prepare and perform actuarial analyses including loss and premium projections, consultation on actuarial models, and risk based capital issues
• Support actuarial services related to risk based capital model development for regulatory requirements and capital allocation purposes
• Coordinate the parameterization and risk calculation processes related to the capital models maintained by the group actuarial department
• Support Finance, market-facing business units, Claims, Risk, Capital Management, and other functions on reserving, portfolio pricing, and strategic business decisions
• Coordinate data analytics and/or reinsurance analysis
• Participate in analyses related to mergers & acquisitions and/or special projects
• Communicate models to audiences outside of department
Your Skills and Experience
As a Senior Actuary (non-life) your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
• Bachelor's degree in Mathematics/Statistics (or equivalent)
• Fully qualified actuary in a recognized actuarial body
• 5 or more years of experience in related field
• Knowledge of insurance industry coupled with experience gained in the insurance sector and in multiple functions
• Advanced understanding of actuarial reserving, pricing and capital modelling (SST/SII) concepts
• Advance knowledge regarding finance and accounting
• Experience with statistics and actuarial modeling
• Pronounced analytical thinking
• Strong English language skills (written and spoken)
• Effective communicator
• Advanced IT Skills in MS Office and Spreadsheet Software
You can find additional information about Zurich as an employer and about the candidate journey on our career site.
Zurich Virtual Tour
Enter the fascinating World of Zurich! Learn more about our company and meet some of our employees personally in our 360° Zurich Virtual Tour.
Who we are
Zurich is a strong brand - more than 1.4 million Swiss customers place their trust in our products and services. Our 53,000 employees worldwide form the basis of our success, helping our customers in 170 countries to understand and protect themselves from risk. In order to deliver our services, we offer our employees flexible working models and interesting opportunities for further training & development. As a Zurich employee, you benefit from a multitude of advantages as well as a strong culture, characterized by acceptance, diversity and team spirit.
At Zurich we are an equal opportunity employer. We attract and retain the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race/ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability.
Information for recruitment agencies
Zurich accepts no unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies for this position. We therefore request that recruitment agencies do not submit any candidate documents either via our employees or through our online career portal.
We refuse any responsibility for unsolicited applications as well as any associated fees. Thank you for your understanding.