At Vontobel, we want to actively shape our future. We create and pursue investment opportunities that drive our clients forward. As a global financial services provider with Swiss roots, we specialize in asset management, active asset management and digital investing.
In the Multi Asset Strategy team of Vontobel Asset Management's Multi Asset Boutique in Zurich, we are looking for a top-down FI & FX strategist with hands on portfolio management and ideally fixed income selection capabilities.. The team is responsible for the top-down strategic and tactical asset allocation process, serving both institutional and wealth management clients. The role will shape our fixed income and fx strategy long-term and contribute to portfolio bottom-line performance.
Your opportunity Tasks & responsibilities
- Clear, well articulate top-down views for the asset classes FI & FX (out-of-consensus views are welcome)
- Always in the context of a multi-asset portfolio, therefore cross-asset view
- Running an institutional quality investment process utilizing macro, valuation and behavioral factors
- Constantly improving investment process, using a "man & machine" approach
- Capable of in-depth analysis, deep-dives on ad-hoc topics
- Involved in final selection on portfolio level (bond selection knowhow)
- Main stakeholders: IC, PM teams
- Publications, presentations, Q&A, etc. for client units are not the main focus but part of the job
- Serves as a back-up for other strategists
- Master in economics or finance, ideally >15 years of relevant experience
- Having worked as a strategist in fixed income and FX
- Ideally, having managed portfolios
- Knowhow in fixed income selection (bond selection)
- Quantitative know-how is a must (programming an advantage)
- Can easily condense information to the most relevant factors and feels comfortable speaking about it to different audiences (private clients and institutional investors)
- Strong team player but working very independently
Thank you for applying to Vontobel. We will carefully review your application and will respond to you in a timely manner.
At Vontobel, we are an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity.
We value the many voices within our teams and are committed to creating an environment where everyone who wants to be part of our performance culture can be themselves. It is based on mutual respect and zero tolerance for any form of discrimination.
If you have any questions you can contact us through our contact form .