Senior Project Manager (m/f) 80-100%
- Zurich, Zürich, Suisse
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Zurich Insurance Company Ltd
- 19 nov. 18
In this role you are responsible for the design, business case articulation, set-up and operational management of distinct mid-size projects in the area of Direct to Consumer (P&C, Life and Savings). You will ensure that the overall project objectives are clearly defined and met. These projects from a total cost perspective typically range from USD 1-5 million, are characterized by medium complexity, medium change and communications elements and important business impact. The role holder is able to manage the problem solving technics (problem definition, problem structuring, solution identification, final recommendation) and to master written and verbal communication.
You understand and are able to apply different methodologies to evaluate small M&A targets and are able to set-up and manage small/mid-size due diligences autonomously.
In this role you understand and are able to apply different delivery approaches (waterfall, Scrum, ZurichLean). Furthermore you perform, independently, project management processes to initiate, plan, execute, monitor and control as well as close a project in accordance with the Zurich Project Management Framework (ZPMF) and the Zurich Risk Policy.
As a Senior Project Manager (m/f) your main responsibilities will involve:
- Defining a potential strategy in the area of the Direct to Consumer business
- Evaluating small M&A targets
- Managing Due Diligence and evaluation processes
- Successful implementation of mid-size or medium complexity local/regional projects or mid-size or medium complexity projects of a program
- Establishing and maintaining appropriate communication and engagement with stakeholders
- Complying with requirements to meet stakeholder needs and expectations
- Balancing the competing constraints of scope, schedule, budget, quality, resources, and risk to produce the specified product, service, or result
- Ensuring change readiness of receiving organization
- Supporting the sponsor in the setup of the project to ensure the business case is clearly defined (including estimates of required resources and funds) and relevant stakeholders are engaged as part of evaluating the preferred product solution
- Developing a detailed project plan at task level based on the agreed business case, manage and control project delivery in accordance with baseline parameters and standards (time, cost, quality) to drive project success
Your Skills and Experience
As a Senior Project Manager (m/f) your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Master in Business Administration (or eaquivalent) or 6 or more years of experience in related field
- Proven experience in managing projects with specific focus on Direct to Consumer (P&C, Life and Savings), with a clear track record of delivery
- Background in Financial Services with specific focus on Direct to Consumer and with a clear spike either on a specific business line (e.g. on P&C and/or Life and/or Savings) or functional area (e.g. digital marketing and/or digital customer journey and/or dynamic pricing)
- Fluency in English (written and spoken), second or third language is a plus
- Experience in managing small M&A evaluations and transactions is a plus
You can find additional information about Zurich as an employer and about the candidate journey on our career site.
Zurich Virtual Tour
Enter the fascinating World of Zurich! Learn more about our company and meet some of our employees personally in our 360° Zurich Virtual Tour.
Who we are
Zurich is a strong brand - more than 1.4 million Swiss customers place their trust in our products and services. Our 53,000 employees worldwide form the basis of our success, helping our customers in 170 countries to understand and protect themselves from risk. In order to deliver our services, we offer our employees flexible working models and interesting opportunities for further training & development. As a Zurich employee, you benefit from a multitude of advantages as well as a strong culture, characterized by acceptance, diversity and team spirit.
At Zurich we are an equal opportunity employer. We attract and retain the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race/ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability.
Information for recruitment agencies
Zurich accepts no unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies for this position. We therefore request that recruitment agencies do not submit any candidate documents either via our employees or through our online career portal.
We refuse any responsibility for unsolicited applications as well as any associated fees. Thank you for your understanding.