Software Engineer (100%)
- Market salary
- Zurich, Zürich, Suisse
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 21 nov. 17 2017-11-21
We are currently looking for a Software Engineer to join our IT team to contribute to the ongoing development and testing activities of the web applications used for RobecoSAM’s Corporate Sustainability Assessment (CSA). The team is responsible for maintaining and further extending the applications around RobecoSAM’s proprietary database, comprising one of the world’s most complete datasets on corporate sustainability. The applications are used to collect and aggregate company data for the creation of the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices (DJSI) as well as for other RobecoSAM’s asset management and index products.
We are looking for a motivated individual who is passionate about software development. Our small team is working in an agile way to coordinate all aspects of the applications’ life cycles. In this role, you would support in understanding and estimating business requirements, work with the team to design and implement the solutions, extend and execute test suites, manage the changes through integration and user testing and assist in the roll-out into production. In addition, you would also be exposed to RobecoSAM-internal colleagues to support and train them using the applications.
Your technical skills:
• Java and SQL development (Spring, Oracle)
• Test automation and execution (JUnit, Selenium)
• Agile methodologies (Kanban, Scrum)
Your soft skills:
• Excellent analysis and problem solving skills and acute attention to detail
• Firm understanding of data models and reporting mechanisms
• Team player, ability to work independently and in a team
• Reliable and able to go the extra mile when required
• Good communication skills in English (written and spoken)
• Business-oriented with an attention to costs and efficiency
• Completed university degree in computer science or equivalent
• At least 3 years of practical work experience with required technologies
Founded in 1995, RobecoSAM is an investment specialist focused exclusively on Sustainability Investing. It offers asset management, indices, impact analysis and investment, sustainability assessments, and benchmarking services. Together with S&P Dow Jones Indices, RobecoSAM publishes the globally recognized Dow Jones Sustainability Indices (DJSI) as well as the S&P ESG Index Series, the first index family to treat ESG as a standalone performance factor using the RobecoSAM Smart ESG methodology. Approximately 100 professionals work for RobecoSAM, which is headquartered in Zurich.