- Zurich, Zürich, Suisse
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Avaloq Evolution AG
Software Engineer (OTC Derivatives)
About Avaloq: essential for banking
Avaloq is driving the digital transformation and automation of the financial services industry.
Our clients are the leading banks of today and tomorrow. Based on our fully integrated banking software, we create powerful digital experiences provided through a standardized Business Process as a Service (BPaaS) or Software as a Service (SaaS) model to banks and wealth managers.
Headquartered in Switzerland, Avaloq has more than 2,000 employees and has a presence in the world’s most demanding financial and innovation centres, including Berlin, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, London, Luxembourg, Madrid, Paris, Singapore and Sydney.
More information is available at www.avaloq.com
The team Investment & Trading develops high-quality software for the Avaloq Banking Suite in the area of Securities-, ETD-, Foreign Exchange- and OTC Trading as well as Trade Reporting. We strive for building industrialized and automated value chains, efficiently connecting to trading and regulatory reporting platforms, creating intuitive digital solutions as well as developing API’s to engage with our ecosystem.
As a Software Engineer for our Investment & Trading team, you will be responsible for the OTC Derivatives module. You will design and develop new functionality and enhance existing features, support the definition of the innovation roadmap, actively contribute to further developing the architecture and maintain the high quality level of the existing software.
You will have the opportunity to apply your expertise in a broad area of technologies, ranging from Oracle PL/SQL and Avaloq’s own scripting language to Java-based digital platforms and microservice infrastructures. Our integrated development environment with its standardized processes allows you to focus on efficiently developing solutions with high customer value.
You will be part of a dynamic team of Software Engineers and Business Analysts located in Zurich, Edinburgh and Manila. Your contact with industry experts, external partners and customers will constantly challenge you to improve your knowledge of the software you create and the business which it covers. You will also have the opportunity to support development in other areas and work on interdisciplinary innovation projects.
- Technical ownership of the OTC Derivatives module, responsible for the full software lifecycle
- Definition of the innovation roadmap together with the Product Manager and Business Analysts
- Requirements analysis, design and implementation of new solutions
- Definition, refactoring and maintenance of the module architecture together with the Software Architect
- Module maintenance in collaboration with Business Analysist
- Ensure high quality of module with test automation and technical documentation, in collaboration with development centre in Manila as well as Business Analysts and Technical Writers
- Technical support of customer projects (new implementation of, or upgrades to, the Avaloq Banking Suite)
- Representation of the OTC Derivatives module when interacting with stakeholders of the Avaloq group (e.g. Operating Centres, Product Management, Architecture, Marketing & Sales) as well as customers and partners
- University degree in computer science or equivalent
Professional experience & skills
- Experience in development of complex applications (3 – 5 years)
- Solid knowledge of software engineering
- Very good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interest in banking business processes
- Engineering experience in the business domain (trading systems and OTC products) is a strong plus
- Knowledge of relational database systems (Oracle, PL/SQL)
- Knowledge of Java-based enterprise and microservice architectures is a benefit
- Open minded and team oriented
- Eager to learn and take on new challenges
- Fluent English language skills (German is a plus)
Main place of work
- Avaloq Evolution AG
- Kristin Stengel, Talent Acquisition Professional
- Allmendstrasse 140 - 8027 Zürich - Switzerland
Please only apply online.
Note to Agencies: All unsolicited résumés will be considered direct applicants and no referral fee will be acknowledged.
Additional information on Avaloq and on our other vacancies can be found on www.avaloq.com/for-job-seekers