Associate, MASS Core Portfolio Management
Description About this role Introduction to Multi-Asset Strategies and Model Portfolio Solutions
The Multi-Asset Strategies & Solutions (MASS) team is the investment group at the heart of BlackRock's portfolio construction, asset allocation, and active management ecosystem. MASS draws on the full toolkit of BlackRock's index, factor, and alpha-seeking investment capabilities to deliver precise investment outcomes and cutting-edge alpha insights. MASS constructs active asset allocation strategies and whole portfolio solutions across a wide spectrum of commingled funds, separate accounts, model portfolios, and outsourcing solutions in the wealth and institutional channels
BlackRock is a leader in the development of model portfolios and solutions, managing over $264 billion in assets across these types of strategies globally across MASS. The Model Portfolio Solutions (MPS) team brings together the research and investment expertise of teams across the firm through a systematic quantitative approach in order to deliver a comprehensive range of outcome-oriented model solutions. The competitive advantages of MPS at BlackRock lie in the depth and breadth of our product offerings to leverage the best of BlackRock's active and passive investment platform, our unique capabilities in data, technology and analytics, and our innovative approach to research and systematic investing. Role Description
We are looking to hire a Taiwan discretionary investment account (DIA) Portfolio Manager to join our expanding onshore business. The portfolio manager will become a member of the MASS Core Portfolio Management (Core PM) team which is responsible for a wide array of portfolio management responsibilities across MASS. Based in Taipei, the Portfolio Manager will be responsible for managing onshore DIAs. The individual will work in partnership with portfolio managers, sales, product strategists and other key partners to promote and support onshore growth strategies.
Candidates should possess strong analytical and quantitative skills, as well as a demonstrated ability to work in collaboration with a wide range of partner teams and stakeholders. These roles have considerable scope for the right individuals to have an impact on both the success of the PM team, as well as the broader MASS business. Successful candidates will possess outstanding attention to detail, excellent interpersonal skills, and have a passion for thinking critically about financial markets both across and within asset classes. Responsibilities:
- Manage onshore DIA portfolios comprised of ETFs and funds
- Perform portfolio management tasks including implementing multiple investment strategies, handling client flows, rebalancing, and monitoring positioning, performance and risk
- Ensure all mandates conform to performance expectations, investment guidelines, risk parameters, and regulatory requirements
- Utilize technology and analytical tools to enhance processes and create scale
- Prepare and maintain external portfolio review materials, ensuring these meet compliance practices
- Partner with Client Business team to represent our capabilities and engage clients and prospects on BlackRock's full MASS products and solutions. Work alongside regional portfolio managers, senior product strategists to deliver a best in class experience for clients, prospects and internal stakeholders
- Partner with sales and marketing to drive sales efforts and asset retention, including developing messaging and disseminating information and data regarding our accounts and broader markets
- Evaluate performance attribution and communicate portfolio performance to internal stakeholders and external clients
- Complete ad-hoc client requests as well as coordinate and participate in updating client performance reporting
- Write market/investment commentaries for clients
- Conduct 4-step investment process reports and other administrative affairs in complying with external regulations and internal controls
- Bachelor's Degree is essential. CFA and/or CAIA designation or a desire to pursue these is preferred
- Meet one of the following license and experience requirements: 1. Taiwan Securities Investment Analysts 2. Securities Investment Trust and Consulting Professional and at least 1 year professional experience in financial institution (SITE/SICE/insurer) 3. Senior Securities Specialists and at least 2 year professional experience in financial institution 4. At least 1 year working as a public fund manager 5. At least 3 years of professional experience in financial institutions
- Preferably >3 years' experience in multi-asset portfolio management in investment industry
- Familiar with SITE/SICE regulations and relevant compliance
- Knowledge or experience in a range of instruments and markets such as ETFs and other fund vehicles, derivatives, FX, rates, equities or credit markets
- Understanding of quantitative investment research and optimization techniques preferred
- Flexible, responsive and self-starting personality. Demonstrated experience working both independently and as part of a team in a highly collaborative, global environment
- Meticulous attention to detail with an ability to remain focused across a wide range of portfolio types and activities
- Strong risk management awareness
- Fluency in written and spoken Mandarin and English is essential
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including ability to deliver presentations internally/externally and coordinate across a variety of functions around the firm
- Familiar with Bloomberg and proficient in the use of MS Office applications
- Preferably some programming skills and experience, in particular with Python
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.81 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock .
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.