Financial Accounting Consultant
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website .
Market Job Description Responsibilities
- Provide support to meet the increasing demands required to effectively grow and deliver Regulatory Reporting for APAC related branches/entities.
- Provide advice and guidance to the business and the Finance teams (in Region and at the US Head Office level) in relation to regulatory reporting.
- Maintain and proactively contribute to the development of the Regulatory Reporting infrastructure (people, technology and processes) necessary to support and control business growth to ensure ongoing compliance with all relevant internal Wells Fargo policies & procedures and with all relevant regulatory requirements as they continue to evolve both in Region and in the US
- Develop and maintain good working relationship and dialogue with internal and external stakeholders as appropriate with regard to regulatory reporting and proactively plan for and respond to any changes to regulatory reporting requirements (e.g. contributing to the development of Basel 3 requirements, supporting growth of business and support platform in APAC);
- Assist to create an environment in which all team members are aware they can identify, raise and resolve all risk management, local regulatory and compliance issues; create a business culture where risk is understood, owned and appropriately, mitigated.
- A particular strategic focus for the near future is on supporting the implementation of new systems of record across APAC branch platform, complemented by the FRS regulatory reporting software. As such the ideal candidate for this role will have meaningful experience of such systems implementations from a user perspective.
- Assist to ensure the complete, timely and accurate delivery of all required regulatory reporting in the Region. Assist to ensure consistency with each set of liquidity/capital/regulatory report rules by documenting reporting requirements, identifying clear roles and responsibilities, outlining preparation procedures, monitoring control points and conducting testing;
- Support APAC Regulatory Controller in liaising with WF SoX and Reg IC teams and WFAS (Internal Audit) regarding their ongoing testing and examination programs, taking responsibility for follow-up on any audit findings with implementation of corrective actions.
Market Skills and Certifications Requirements:
- University degree (or equivalent) and professionally qualified accountant including experience of GAAP and Regulatory Reporting within the financial services sector
- Progressive track record of experience and achievement
- Demonstrable change management skills, particularly those involving process re-engineering and systems change
- Strong technical skills including a good current working knowledge of regulatory reporting in the context of (ideally both) APAC and/or US financial services
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Be able to work independently whilst providing positive collaboration within a fast paced environment
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.