Global Banking Graduate Programme
Whether your degree relates to finance, science or the arts there is a place for you on our Global Banking Graduate Programme. Your skills and fresh ideas will help you establish an exciting career in a Corporate Banking or Investment Banking role.
For: Final-year student or recent graduate
Duration: Two years
Areas: Global Banking - Corporate Banking or Investment Banking
We encourage you to apply for your programme of choice as soon as possible as we recruit on a rolling basis and may close applications before the advertised date if all vacancies are filled. Overview
On our competitively paid two-year graduate programme, you will work towards a successful career in either Corporate Banking or Investment Banking. What you can expect
Our Global Banking business is one of the largest investment banking businesses of its kind. We offer 24-hour coverage of local markets and provide a full range of banking services to our clients. You can expect to work on exciting projects in a fast-paced, collaborative environment and interact with clients and colleagues from around the world. Whether you choose Corporate Banking or Investment Banking you can explore innovative solutions for our clients.
Global Banking manages HSBC's largest clients and delivers comprehensive solutions to complex strategic and capital market challenges. You will trade ideas and strategies, and interact with a broad range of clients, from multinational corporates to private equity firms. It's a career choice that requires dedication, but one that will give you many rewards in return. What you will do
You will stretch your own capabilities, challenge the status quo, strive to take your learning to the next level and improve services for our clients. Over your two-year programme, you will gain a good sense of where your skills fit best in either Corporate Banking or Investment Banking.
In Corporate Banking, you will gain first-hand experience of how our relationship managers, working closely with our product specialists, create innovative solutions to meet the banking needs of our largest corporate and institutional clients. You will have a chance to understand how we build trusted relationships with our clients, gain a great overview of the breadth of products HSBC can offer and see how we respond to our clients' need by deploying these products into tailored solutions across multiple countries. You will also see how we help the Bank manage the risk inherent from dealing with these clients, to ensure we foster a sustainable business model.
In Investment Banking, you have the opportunity to work closely with clients to understand their long-term strategic goals. This enables us to deliver tailored financial and advisory solutions designed to meet the individual needs of our corporate, financial and public-sector clients. You will guide them towards future growth and support the development of their operations. You could be responsible for financial statement analysis, developing valuation models or preparing client pitches. It's a fast-paced, dynamic environment that requires a commitment to excellence and an international outlook.
Whether you are involved in Capital Markets (Debt Capital Markets, Equity Capital Markets, Leveraged & Acquisition Finance), Lending & Portfolio Management (Real Assets & Structured Finance) or Corporate Finance Coverage (Corporates, Financial Institutions Group, Financial Sponsors Group, Infrastructure and Real Estate Group and M&A), Investment Banking offers you the opportunity to make a real impact.
Our Graduate Programme will help you to develop a broad range of technical and transferable skills through a tailored development plan that supports your individual strengths. After completion of the Programme you may have the opportunity for a six-month international assignment to help advance your professional development. Who does this suit?
We are looking for dedicated and courageous people who are:
What can this lead to?
- Passionate role models. Being able to inspire, lead, manage and listen to both individuals and teams is important in building relationships that encourage mutual respect. Looking to the future for our clients is what keeps us ahead of our competition
- Dedicated multi-taskers. You might be working on several projects at any one time, meaning you should prioritise and manage your time, while keeping on top of constantly changing markets. Adhering to the rules and regulations we have will ensure you deliver the right results for multiple projects
- Supportive team players. Team work is an important part of our business, and your development. Having a collaborative attitude will help you to solve problems quickly and start to build a network of peers who are there to support you, and be supported too
- Opportunity takers. We are an international company that can offer opportunities to motivated, courageous people. Taking on a challenging project will not only be rewarding but will also show that you have the power to explore your interests and drive your career growth
- Intellectual curiosity. Our Global Banking business has a unique breadth of products in terms of what we offer and where we offer these solutions.
If you succeed here, you could continue the work you're doing in Corporate Banking or Investment Banking where you'll have the opportunity to take your career in a number of directions. This may include taking on international opportunities or working across multiple products and geographies, while feeding your curiosity and developing an understanding of how we can best serve our clients.