Alternative Client Services Vice President
- Édimbourg, Ecosse, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 21 nov. 17 2017-11-21
Business Unit Overview: The successful candidate will join the 22-person Alternatives Client Services team in providing timely and accurate information to our clients and prospects that is consistent with the established BlackRock brand and messaging. Responsibilities for this position will involve a heavy
Business Unit Overview:
The successful candidate will join the 22-person Alternatives Client Services team in providing timely and accurate information to our clients and prospects that is consistent with the established BlackRock brand and messaging. Responsibilities for this position will involve a heavy concentration in day-to-day communications, reporting, group operations and project management initiatives focusing on BlackRock’s alternative product platform. As a key member of the Alternatives Client Services team, this position involves interaction with departments and business lines across the firm.
- Liaise with clients from a shareholder servicing perspective, field client inquiries, research requests, and coordinate appropriate responses.
- Assist in fulfilling requests for offering documents as needed. Liaise with Institutional and Retail Sales and Product Specialists to customize client offering packages based on investor attributes, regulatory and business requirements.
- Coordinate and track document updates with BlackRock Legal and outside counsel. Ensure Alternatives Client Services team is working with approved materials and that distribution process is functioning properly.
- Where appropriate warehouse legal/contract document (i.e. subscription agreements, application materials, transfer agreements, waivers, letters of undertaking, etc.). Manage and maintain electronic and hard copy filing systems
- Coordinate account level reporting and distributions to clients (i.e. monthly, quarterly, and annually).
- Coordinate cash flow management with clients and portfolio managers (e.g. contributions, redemptions, capital calls/distributions and product updates with clients). Track and manage client cash flow activity within proprietary trading system.
- Client on-boarding, account set up, and data management. Assist with building client accounts within client tracking and share registry system. Create client profiles and investor attribute universe.
- Ensure integrity of communications tools through data entry and maintenance. Deploy exception reporting within client data universe and perform regular analysis to ensure integrity/preservation.
- Transfer Agent/Administrator oversight and quality control. Work with our 3rd parties to create transparency between Blackrock and vendors and ensure a positive client experience.
- Assume role in the integration of BlackRock Alternative products from new and existing BlackRock businesses, with an eye for consolidating all client servicing for alternative products under the auspices of one team and platform.
- Assist team members as needed in successful completion of Alternatives Client Services process improvement initiatives
Competitive experience (but not required) includes experience of working within a financial services or banking platform, experience with financial securities, private placements, and limited offerings a plus. Demonstrates acumen for financial concepts, ability to speak intelligently and confidently while using applied financial reasoning. High attention to detail, ability to focus, excellent follow-through, flexibility and superior grammar and English skills (additional language skills preferred). The successful applicant will be self-motivated, proactive, able to change directions quickly, and capable of working well with strong personalities. Software skills must include a strong background in Word and Excel and an aptitude for working within proprietary databases.
The successful candidate will also possess the following:
- Strong project management skills and experience.
- Experience managing a team.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to multi-task, balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Ability to support cross-functional projects and teams
- Business, Financial, and Legal acumen
- Able to grasp complex concepts and details quickly
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Analytical problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Working knowledge of administrative fundamentals