- Édimbourg, Ecosse, Royaume-Uni Édimbourg Ecosse GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 17 juil. 18 2018-07-17
See job description for details
Join us as an Application Architect in Edinburgh
- This is an opportunity for someone with a passion for driving change and improvement to take on the role of Lead Solutions Specialist within Personal & business Banking (PBB)
- You'll be responsible for designing and delivering technology solutions within the ATM platform area, while continually improving our technical capabilities
- Hone your existing technical skills and advance your career in this exciting, fast paced role
What you'll do
As Lead Solutions Designer, you'll take a lead on designing, coordinating and setting the technical direction for end to end solutions that underpin a critical part of the bank's core business while helping shape the transformation of how these solutions are delivered to our customers.
You'll also be:
- Designing, refining and promoting our ATM Platform strategy with a key focus on making banking easy and simple
- Responsible for troubleshooting design issues, helping us to define safe and effective solutions for programs and platforms
- Providing guidance on balancing complexity, delivery and the associated costs, and you'll play a vital role in mitigating risk
- Embedding a culture of continuous improvement, and driving collaborative working environment, actively identifying and managing stakeholders
The skills you'll need
With outstanding technical skills that cover an awareness of Mainframe, Web Service, MQ, DB and J2EE technologies, you'll have proven experience of conducting solution design and development within a large scale transactional organisation, preferably around ATM domain.
You'll also need:
- Strong communication skills
- Good commercial and business knowledge and an appreciation of the bank's strategic direction
- Strong domain knowledge in ATM Platform capacity
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.