- Édimbourg, Ecosse, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
Associate – Actuarial Programmer
Lieu de travail : Édimbourg, Ecosse, Royaume-UniThe Actuarial Programmer will work closely with other actuaries and actuarial programmers and will collaborate with our client support, system design and marketing professionals. They will work on simple to intermediate code and work on enhancing existing features in AXIS.
- Interpret business requirements with the assistance of senior actuarial programmers
- Implement various features and bug fixes in AXIS.
- Provide client support for end users.
- Comply with coding standards
- Collaborate with client support and QA actuaries to fix defects or develop new features
- Perform code review with other programmers.
- Help investigate problems reported by clients
- Specialize in an actuarial area of practice.
- Participate in Interest Groups and Working Groups.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Insurance Modeling & Analytics group helps insurers, asset managers, and pension funds to better understand and manage their actuarial, financial, and risk-management activities. Our modelling, software, and consultancy solutions are always evolving, as we respond to shifting market needs and customer feedback. That is why all of our team members - from actuaries to software engineers to product managers - are committed to maintaining high quality customer engagement.
- A good first degree in a numerical discipline, for example: maths, physics, actuarial science or finance.
- Basic knowledge of actuarial programming.
- Progress towards a relevant professional qualification such as Actuarial or similar.
- Experience in object oriented programming, C++ preferred.
- Strong analytical & technical skills - excellent research capabilities.
- Good communications skills.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.