Meraki Talent have been engaged to assist with the onboarding of an Audit Senior for their Chartered Accountancy client in central Edinburgh. The Company
Our client is a leading Chartered Accountancy firm based in the heart of Edinburgh’s vibrant financial district. They have a vast and varied client portfolio and are seeing tremendous growth through these troubled times and as such, there is an imminent opportunity for an experienced Audit Senior to join the firm. They currently provide Accountancy services in the fields of Audit, Business Advisory, Bookkeeping, Corporate Finance, Payroll, Tax and VAT. They now seek to add to their growing Audit team with an experienced Audit Senior. The Role
The role of Audit Senior has become available as the business goes through a sustained period of growth across several of its service channels, making this an exciting time to join a leading practice.
As an Audit Senior you will report directly to a dedicated Audit Manager within the firm. You will be fully responsible for your own client portfolio, managing both client and management expectations whilst working to tight deadlines. This role is suitable for P/Q and qualified CA’s, applicants qualified through experience and with a strong background in Audit will also be considered. Duties and Responsibilities
- Completing full Audit process from planning to completion
- Liaise with client and manager to arrange timing of the audit work
- Liaise with client’s on progress and issues ensuring confidentiality at all times
- Completion of Audit file and required documentation to final stage for manager’s review
- Lead from the front with Planning, and liaising with Audit Assistants ensuring full support is provided when necessary to achieve the highest quality of work
- Liaising with clients and staff whilst on clients site, building and maintaining relationships with staff to help build a strong working relationship ensuring the highest degree of professionalism at all times
- Quality control and debriefing with Audit Assistants, ensuring to provide feedback
- Auditing draft tax computation, tax provisions alongside supporting schedules and liaising with the tax department
- Preparing draft financial statements to the required standard, free from quality control issues
For the role of Audit Senior, the below criteria are Essential.
- Experience of managing a portfolio of clients
- Qualified - Part qualified CA or equivalent
- Strong technical skills with Practical experience of using software systems in preparation of audit files, audit working papers and financial statements
- The successful candidate will also have strong organisational skills and be pro-active in their approach to their work
Great work life balance
Flexible working pattern with home/office working
Life assurance Contact
For further information and a confidential chat regarding this exciting opportunity, please contact Dean at Meraki Talent.