Schroders Personal Wealth combines over 400 years of expertise from two leading British companies - partnering to bring financial planning services to more people in the UK.
Schroders Personal Wealth combines Lloyds Banking Group's significant customer base, multi-channel distribution and digital capabilities with Schroders' investment and wealth management expertise and technology capabilities. Our focus is on the personal relationship we develop with our customers, underpinned by our multi-channel customer reach and our global investment expertise. Our aim is to become a top UK financial planning business within five years.
Would you like to be part of making this possible?
The Regional Business Development Manager will have full responsibility for Business Development throughout Scotland & Northern Ireland with clear accountability for supporting SPW's growth aspirations across two unique and exciting markets.
As a key member of the senior regional team, the Business Development Manager will support the region by analysing, investigating and evaluating business development opportunities making recommendation to the Regional Director & securing new relationships in order to meet the regional business plan.
- To lead business development in the region having led creation of and agreed the regional business development plan.
- Have a detailed understanding of the Scottish & Northern Irish regional business communities and marketplaces.
- Build and maintain a strong regional network across sectors.
- Have a detailed understanding of SPW client proposition and competitor positioning.
- To identify potential prospects across the region with the aim of building lasting relationships.
- Optimisation of the partnership between LBG and SPW across the region, ensuring opportunities and synergies between businesses are fully exploited.
- Design and implementation of enabling activity to support regional growth aspirations.
- Non-product propositional development to unlock opportunities to develop the business.
- Actively representing the business with third parties and target audiences in line with business need.
- Working closely with the Regional Director to support the attraction of new advisers through direct to advisor / firm recruitment activity.
- As part of overall business development plan, agree regional event plan in consultation with the Client Directors, host and/or attend client and prospect events.
- Networking to prospect for new clients.
- Working with business (both LBG Commercial and NON LBG commercial relationships) to provide employee benefit solutions.
- To take an active part in the Business Development forum helping to share and learn from best practice and cross SPW collaboration.
Bachelor Degree or completed studies in either Sales / Marketing / Finance / Business desirable. Level 4 Financial Planning Qualification, desirable but not essential.
Approximately 5+ years of experience, preferably in financial services or business consulting.
Breadth of knowledge across the Wealth Planning Marketplace and Schroders Personal Wealth target customer segments.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Strong presentation skills.
Good negotiation skills with an ability to "cold call."
An enterprising & entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to coach and inspire local colleagues to adopt a similar approach.
The successful candidate will be open and welcoming to change, be a creative and strategic thinker, have exceptional problem solving skills, and have an ability to stay focused in times of uncertainty.
The position plays a highly collaborative role, interacting with colleagues and prospects across the region and the business, which will demand clear and effective communication skills in order to facilitate successful relationships.
Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to build relationships, influence and command the respect of individuals from a wide range of backgrounds.
Outstanding levels of dedication and work ethic; happy to get stuck into the 'doing' while maintaining a broad view of affairs across the business.
Self-motivated, be a team player and have a passion for team building, be highly organised, meticulous and detail-oriented.
Our ethos is to provide equal opportunities to all, and to ensure we represent the communities we serve.
If like us, you're more motivated by clients than by target, and you'd thrive in a culture that is values and client led - come and talk to us. Select the Apply Now button to start the conversation.