* Client Information Services (CIS) is a product portfolio within the Data, Digital and Transformation function of Global Banking & Markets (GBM) Business Services.
CIS Product Data Analyst
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Global Banking and Markets is an emerging markets-led, financing-focused business that provides investment and financial solutions. Through our international network, we connect emerging and mature markets, covering key growth areas. We partner with our corporate, government and institutional clients to help them achieve consistent, long-term performance. Our products and services include advisory, financing, prime services, research and analysis, securities services, trading and sales and transaction banking.
- Client Information Services (CIS) is a product portfolio within the Data, Digital and Transformation function of Global Banking & Markets (GBM) Business Services.
- The CIS portfolio is made up of two core products; Client List Provision and Client List Assurance.
- The role of these products is to provide the GBM Business with a trusted source of the GBM Global Client list and to provide assurance to the GBM Business that client and non-client activity is identified and appropriatly managed.
- The team is made up of a core operational hub in Kolkata which accounts for over 50% of the global headcount, There are also Regional teams in New York, London, Dubai and Hong Kong
- The principal accountability of the Data Process and Maintenance job would be to ensure data sources and processes are managed in order to ensure data integrity
- This role sits within the Data and Information Management job family, the principle focus of this job family is to ensure data sources and processes are managed in order to ensure data integrity. In this context these sources and processess are those which impact the GBM Client Lists.
- Understand the end to end product and service delivery which Client Information Services are accountable to the business for providing. Ensure a clear understanding of how the role performed individually and across the team contributes to this delivery and the wider context and impacts across other roles and teams.
- Consider the risks inherent within all processes and activities and ensure appropriate controls are in place to manage these risks, where this is not possible ensure appropriate escalation and documentation is completed
- Work collaboratively with other teams across CIS within and outside of the region to perform core day to day activities as well as identifying, understanding, communicating, managing and resolving issues or challenges which may occur
- Take responsibility for identifying, understanding and communicating product development opportunities and associated business outcomes across all aspects of the product and service delivery
Skills and Experience required
- Advanced SQL expereince is advantageous
- Knowledge of Data Warehouse is advantageous
- The role requires the ability to understand the role of CIS within the wider GBM Business Services and GBM Business context.
- The role requires the ability to work with the team and line manager to manage conflicting priorities and maintain a BAU service delivery whilst juggling ad hoc priority requests
- The role requires good people and stakeholder management skills and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively to a wide range of audiences using various methods
- The role requires the ability to understand complex issues and review large amounts of data to identify the appropriate action/ solution
For further details and application information please visit our careers site, searching under reference number 0000DU04
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.