Client Reporting & Invoicing Services Production Vice President
Description About this role Team Overview
The Global Client Services team is responsible for operational client servicing, working in partnership with our client businesses and teams across the firm to drive, enhance and deliver an exceptional client service experience. Our functional teams include: Client Onboarding (Implementation/Contracting/AML KYC), Investor Services (Client Order Management and Service Centers), and Client Integration & Distribution Services (Client Reporting, Invoicing, Documentation and Portfolio Data) and a focused Projects and Engineering Team who manage all tactical and strategic projects across the GCS eco-system. Client Reporting & Invoicing Services Production:
The Client Reporting & Invoicing Services Production team will provide a single point of contact and be accountable for all aspects of our client reporting and invoicing services, including the provision of market leading solutions and superior client service. The Client Reporting Services production team are responsible for client reporting that includes marketing & regulatory documents. Reporting information includes fund characteristics, breakdowns, transaction activity, and fund performance. The team manages the calculation and distribution of complex fee terms for separate account clients.
The role being recruited for will be responsible for the Edinburgh EMEA Client Reporting and Invoicing Production team which will be a team of 18 personnel. Currently the teams work independently of each other and the requirement will be to evolve the support model to integrate reporting and invoicing production in Edinburgh into a consolidated production team. This should lead to creating scale and capacity and providing opportunities for the personnel to expand and broaden their knowledge.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity within the Edinburgh team. The role will report into the Director lead of EMEA / AMRS Client Reporting & Distribution services based in Delaware with a matrix line into the Director Lead of EMEA complex Client Invoicing Services based in Budapest. Role Responsibility
- Plan and lead a team responsible for delivering to complex client reporting and invoicing, ensure timely and accurate distribution of all deliverables
- Partner with global peers to implement a consistent, scalable and controllable operational platform.
- Build strong partnership and work close and collaboratively with data source providers and client business partners to improve product offering; quality and timeliness of product.
- Demonstrate risk awareness and focus on delivering a robust operational control framework focused on client deliverables including review and validation of monthly metrics.
- Develop and apply appropriate key to hold providers accountable for the quality and delivery of their product.
- Drive the global CIDS mission through a tailored local strategy
- Build a customer-centric team culture relentlessly focused on customer success and user delight by emphasizing proactive user engagement.
- Hire technical and curious talent
- Work closely and collaboratively with functional with key partners across Data and AI, CEM, APG, GAAPs, GP and Client Business & COOs to execute business priorities in the region through a globally consistent and locally relevant approach for tech, process & talent
- Build and constantly develop knowledge of the Business Operations' functions and keep current on major activities being undertaken and challenges and successes that are being experienced
- Be an operational leader with vision within CIDs and GCS
- Managing talent and mapping out career paths for personnel and ensuring diverse hiring and succession planning
- Be a key contact for FCR / Internal & External Audit and RQA
- Experienced in Financial Technology, Consulting or Buy side firm, with strong understanding of financial markets and investment management.
- Senior leadership experience in an operational role preferable with global responsibilities
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to identify problems and develop solutions
- Excellent attention to detail and understanding of operational processes
- Risk orientated mentality ensuring governance and key controls are in place and evidenced
- Self-starter who enjoys a fast-paced, high-intensity environment, sets priorities and can work independently as well as with a global management team
- Empathy and a unique ability to understand customer needs; passionate about customer service
- Tech first approach and curiosity; experience solving problems through technology
- Relevant work experience leading large teams in client support or financial services
- Experience managing people and leadership skills, with the ability to inspire and engage junior talent; prior experience building or re-vitalizing a team from the ground up is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a collaborate-first approach
- Experience with, advance levels Microsoft excel, scripting, visualization tools, programming languages e.g. R, Python, SAS, VBA and SQL, is desirable
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.32 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.