Corporate Control Associate
- Édimbourg, Ecosse, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 11 janv. 18 2018-01-11
BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions — from rigorous fundamental and quantitative
BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions — from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
Business Unit Overview:
BlackRock EMEA Finance consists of Finance professionals in disciplines such as Financial Planning and Analysis, Treasury, Tax Regulatory Reporting, Accounting Operations and Corporate Accounting. This role is within the Edinburgh based Controllers’ Group and is part of the wider Corporate Control team which has a wide and varied remit including reporting monthly EMEA Income Statement and Balance Sheet positions, accounting for corporate transactions and repatriations, EMEA & US fixed asset and US lease accounting, maintenance of global intercompany loans, EMEA regional ownership of Assurenet (Balance Sheet verification process) and control of the general ledger over month-end.
In its day to day activities the Edinburgh based team has significant interaction with the NY based Controllers Group as well as the other Edinburgh based Finance teams.
The Corporate Control associate is a high profile role reporting to the Corporate Control VP. Main responsibilities will be assuming ownership for EMEA Income statement and Balance Sheet reporting to US parent, with oversight and challenge of variance analysis. There are varied global stakeholders, US Corporate Control team, Functional Edinburgh based teams- Entity Controllers, Corporate Tax and VAT teams, Cash accounting, Accounts Payable, Revenue and Treasury teams.
As well as monthly processes there is often significant project work, with multi-functional teams. The wider Corporate Control team is involved in various aspects of EMEA and global accounting and as such there will be opportunities to get involved in non BAU activities.
• Responsibility for EMEA monthend reporting- EMEA P&L and BS reporting- variance reporting and analysis. Information and analysis provision to US parent.
• Associated SOX controls
• Global loans and interest oversight
• Oracle GL activities- new/change in entities
• Restructuring of entities in EMEA corporate structure- associated accounting
• Responsibility for accounting and reconciliations of repatriations-interest, capital, dividends
• Balance Sheet certification process
• Auditor - provision of information and liaison
• Hedge accounting as relates to intercompany settlement process. Accounting for fair valuation of hedges.
• Ensuring engagement with stakeholders. Build strong relationships with other finance functions
• This position is part of the EMEA Corporate Control team which has a varied remit. It therefore offers development and cross training opportunities within a larger team. The team deals with a wide range of accounting tasks and is required to interact with a large number of stakeholders globally.
• Excellent communicator, on a global and senior basis. Confident in presentation of financial data.
• High level of technical skills, in excel, pivots, data manipulation.
• Ability to clearly and confidently communicate in verbal and written form with colleagues of different levels..
• Self-starter, highly numerate, quick learner, team player, with an ability to adjust to change and the desire to take on responsibility is required.
• Organised and methodical, possessing attention to detail, good analytical skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
• Hands on experience of Oracle GL.
• CA/ACA/AACA/CIMA qualified