Data Management Manager
- Édimbourg, Ecosse, Royaume-Uni Édimbourg Ecosse GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 16 août 18 2018-08-16
See job description for details
Join us in Edinburgh as a Data Management Manager
- This role will provide a great opportunity to build and develop your technical knowledge within the trustee and depositary environment
- We'll look to you to support and guide our dedicated Data Research team
- Joining us just after the introduction of our new platform, MIG, you'll help to shape and enhance the operating rhythm of the team, while we transition from one platform to another
- You'll be sitting within NatWest Trustee & Depositary Services (TDS), a subsidiary of the bank that provides corporate trustee and depositary services to collective investment schemes
What you'll do
This role will see you supporting and providing guidance to our Data Research team in NatWest TDS, responsible for the timely and accurate coding and maintenance of scheme and instrumental data on MIG21 and Data Warehouse. You'll coach and support the team to become a data centre of excellence using your technical skills in data analytics. You'll also implement MIG21 compliance and monitoring systems, and act as subject matter expert on all aspects of MIG21 and Data Warehouse.
- Ensure accurate and efficient maintenance of the data on MIG21 and Data Warehouse to ensure correct investment and borrowing limit monitoring of schemes in accordance with FCA regulations
- Ensure scheme and instrumental information held on MIG21 and Data Warehouse is checked and reviewed on a regular basis
- Collaborate with others to implement required changes to MIG21 and Data Warehouse within budget and agreed timescales
- Produce, analyse and distribute comprehensive and accurate MI
- Research suitability of potential eligible assets in accordance with FCA COLL rules, and provide full regulatory support to clients
- Develop and enhance internal controls and procedures
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with an in-depth knowledge of collective investment schemes and the funds industry, specifically COLL/FUND, IBP and investment objective restrictions. You'll also have a sound technical understanding of MIG21 and Data Warehouse systems, and related application, technicalities, configuration and specifications relative to data input and output requirements for IBP purposes.
You'll also demonstrate:
- Knowledge of supplier data feeds including ICE and Bloomberg
- The ability to keep fully updated on new product development relating to CIS and financial instruments
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience of internal and external relationship management
- The ability to manage and prioritise workloads within a team environment to meet common goals
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.