- Édimbourg, Ecosse, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
Director – Advisory Services Insurance
Lieu de travail : Édimbourg, Ecosse, Royaume-UniThis is an exciting opportunity to be directly involved in the development of Moody's Analytics' ('MA') market leading Capital & Business Insight Solutions for insurance companies. Increasingly insurers require better business insight to support risk-based decision-making including areas such as capital planning and stress testing. This is driving demand for new types of modelling solutions to meet the needs of senior management which Moody's Analytics is well positioned to deliver. Our current offerings are used by a range of insurers globally.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading and supporting the delivery of a range of advisory projects. This role may suit an actuary with a life insurance or consultancy background seeking a role which offers the opportunity to take a lead in delivering cutting edge projects for a growing global client base.
The role, reporting to the head of the team, will involve:
- Leading a range of quantitative advisory and implementation services projects within the MA insurance capital modelling services team.
- Managing allocated resource pool to support the delivery of projects
- Earning the trust of existing and prospective customers by understanding their challenges and delivering solutions to their unique problems.
- Authoring high-quality proposals, presentations, and work orders.
- Communicating complex ideas effectively to an audience at all levels.
- Working with the MA ERS Insurance sales and research teams to engage with prospects to understand our customers' needs and help design an appropriate solution related to MA products.
- Travel to client sites as required
Based in Edinburgh, our ERS Insurance Capital & Business Insight Advisory services team works with our global life insurance client base to develop innovative quantitative solutions to complex problems in value, risk and capital management, often leveraging Moody's award winning RiskIntegrity product suite. The team of experienced practitioners are trusted by some of the world's largest and most innovative life insurers to deliver high quality, high value advice and services.
- A good first degree in a numerical discipline, for example: mathematics, physics, engineering, actuarial science or finance.
- In addition, the candidate should have either:
- A relevant professional qualification such as Actuarial, CFA or similar
- A post-graduate (MSc or PhD) qualification in a numerical discipline
- Broad experience in leading and delivering complex projects across a breadth of areas, for example:
- Complex technical/analytical projects within an actuarial environment
- Regulatory projects
- Business orientated projects
- Operational experience within an insurance company (either directly or via consulting firm) preferable, for example.
- Capital Modelling
- Stress & Scenario Testing
- Business Planning
- Excellent internal and external stakeholder management skills at all levels.
- Track record of delivering to meet customers' needs.
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate complex concepts both internally and externally, to different stakeholders with varying levels of technical knowledge.
- The ideal candidate should have knowledge and experience in some of the following areas
- Actuarial and capital modelling (e.g. Internal Model and Standard Formula)
- ORSA and Business Planning processes
- Involvement in actuarial reporting or regulatory submission processes such as Solvency II, IFRS, EV reporting or similar.
- Experience of the application of stochastic modelling in the life insurance sector.
- Demonstrated the ability to work to demanding timescales while maintaining high standards
- Track record of developing innovative solutions and the ability to challenge existing ideas.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.