- Édimbourg, Ecosse, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
Director - Research
Lieu de travail : Édimbourg, Ecosse, Royaume-UniThe Role / Responsibilities:
We are looking for a Director - Research to take up a leading role developing and implementing solutions for our asset management, pensions and insurance clients. This role will focus on developing and improving our stochastic financial and economic models, calibration & econometric methods. The role will involve defining the strategic direction of a range of research and implementation projects to ensure our products and services meet our customers' demands. The role will also involve implementing these plans, and communicating, promoting and validating these improvements to the wider business and amongst our client base.
• Actively engage with clients to identify problems of interest to the asset management, insurance and pensions sectors requiring stochastic financial and economic modelling solutions, in particular relating to the application and calibration of Economic Scenario Generators (ESGs).
• Promote Moody's Analytics position as a leader in ESG modelling, via authoring technical papers, meeting and supporting clients and conference speaking.
• Conduct research on financial and economic time series across a range of asset classes including fixed income, inflation and interest rates, equities, FX, credit, real estate and other macro-economic factors.
• Statistical and econometric analysis of historical financial and economic time series, developing assumptions for use with our models.
• Provide expert econometric analysis as input to the team's research and advisory activities.
• Research and implement calibration methods for our ESG and calibrations. Direct/manage the work of others in implementation & research projects.
• Manage a team of analysts & econometricians
• Provide expert technical support to product management and scrum development team.
• Work with colleagues in research and product management to prioritise and plan research activities.
The Department / Team:
The Portfolio Research team is responsible for the research and development of our stochastic models and calibrations used extensively in the asset management, insurance and pensions sectors. The team develops stochastic models and calibrations for use in capital assessment, ALM & risk management applications, and works with clients on the application of MA's products and techniques.
• A degree (ideally Masters or higher) in financial-economics, macro-economics, econometrics or similar
• Ability to present complex technical solutions confidently & effectively to highest management levels at our client (Eg CROs, CIOs and Chief Economists)
• Expertise in econometrics and time series data and analysis, financial mathematics and stochastic modelling & experience with large financial datasets.
• Related econometric coding skills, experience in Excel/VBA, Matlab/R.
• Track record and interest in applying these techniques to investment risk management, asset-liability management (ALM) and/or actuarial (insurance or pensions) applications
• Broad understanding of modern financial mathematics (e.g. option pricing, hedging, stochastic processes, Monte Carlo simulation, interest-rate modelling)
• Knowledge of insurance & pensions regulation and modelling methodologies.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.