Trillium Asset Management is an investment management firm with $4.0 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2020. Trillium offers investment strategies and services that advance humankind towards a global sustainable economy, a just society, and a better world. With a commitment to diversity since our founding in 1982, the firm has been at the forefront of ESG thought leadership and draws from decades of experience focused exclusively on responsible investing. Devoted to aligning stakeholders’ values and objectives, Trillium combines impactful investment solutions with active ownership. The firm delivers equity, fixed income, and alternative investments to institutions, intermediaries, high net worth individuals, and other charitable and non-profit organizations with the goal to provide positive impact, long-term value, and ‘social dividends’.
Our Edinburgh based team, will run global equity strategies using a proven process with a strong long term track record.
The ESG Research Analyst plays an important role in Trillium’s fundamental equity research process, which includes the examination, interpretation, and integration of financial and Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) factors. The specialist will work as part of our team in Edinburgh to provide coverage and insights on individual firms as required. In addition, the role will support our ESG team based in the United States with the implementation of all aspects of our related ESG processes.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Buttress the sustainability research agenda for our global team from Edinburgh
• Supports the ESG team in the United States throughout all aspects our integrated ESG approach, including the creation and assessment of related data sets, execution of proprietary benchmarking studies and the completion of primary research used in both quantitative and qualitative analysis.
• Contribute to company specific reports, sector and market-level research papers, and related presentations to our Investment Management Committee
• Maintains, reviews, and archives ESG research materials
• Interacts effectively with our portfolio manager, equity research and advocacy specialists
• Interaction with company management teams and clients (as needed) around the ESG process
• Assists with compliance on European & UK ESG regulations & taxonomy
Our ideal candidate will either already be working in the investment management industry or come from the NGO/non-profit sector. Culturally they will enjoy working as part of a small team within an entrepreneurial and collaborative environment, with the opportunity to make a big impact. The ideal candidate will share our desire to positively change the world through the allocation of active capital in publicly listed equities. Specific experiences we are seeking include, but are not limited to: -
• Two to five years of research analytics (responsible investing, NGO or Third Sector)
• Demonstrated interest in Sustainability and ESG investing
• Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to contribute in a supportive, team-based and detail-oriented environment
• Competence with Microsoft Office, familiarity with Bloomberg and MSCI a plus
If you have additional experiences and qualifications that do not fit into the categories above, please highlight them in your cover letter.
Trillium Asset Management provides a competitive compensation package.
Please email cover letter and resume to: TAM_Research_jobs@trilliuminvest.com
Trillium Asset Management, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, maternity or marital status. We encourage applications from underrepresented groups.
Please note that any personal information provided in response to this advert will be collected and processed in accordance with our Privacy Notice.