Extended Assurance - Manager, Financial Services - Banking/Weal
- Édimbourg, Ecosse, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 11 déc. 17 2017-12-11
Job Title: Extended Assurance - Manager, Financial Services - Banking/Wealth & Asset Management Location: Edinburgh Salary Level: Competitive
EY's Financial Services practice is currently undergoing exciting change. The business is rapidly growing and we are expanding our teams across the UK, in London, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Manchester, Leeds and Bristol. This growth offers great opportunities for learning and progression.
Our Extended Assurance team aims to provide confidence to our clients and their stakeholders through the rigorous assessment of process, policies and controls. This is done through the appropriate use of assurance skills, robust audit and other methodologies coupled with industry insight in the Financial Services market.
Current turbulent markets are driving significant changes to all firms' internal processes, for example through regulatory reporting or demands for better or new management information. Frequently, these new processes will differ from the processes used to prepare financial statements - and it may not be possible to reconcile the two. This disconnect leads to management concern that the output is inaccurate and that this may result in a reputational impact and a fine. Extended Assurance provides assurance around these processes.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for assurance professionals, who have a strong background in Financial Services. Candidates should have experience of working in assurance, risk and / or controls projects either as an auditor / advisor or within industry.
We are looking for people with banking and / or asset management assurance experience, with particular interest in professionals experienced in conduct and compliance environments.
Join us and you'll work on challenging projects and accelerate your career within an international and supportive team. You'll also be introduced to career challenges that will take you into exciting new professional territory.
Your goal will be to help clients achieve their potential - and you can expect to do the same. As part of a supportive team, you'll have every opportunity to progress and build knowledge that will make a difference to your CV - and to your entire career.
Role Profile & Skills required:
- Desire to build / develop a career in assisting BCM/WAM clients with compliance regulations, process and controls assessments / improvements, including the provision of either a formal (assurance) or informal (findings & recommendations) opinion.
- Strong interest and commitment to understanding and developing leading edge extended assurance solutions to the BCM/WAM industry clients.
- Intellectual rigor / flexibility to rapidly understand complex problems and rationalise these into a workable solution which can then be delivered. This includes a strong level of emotional intelligence.
- Practical experience of regulatory topics including: Business Standards (COBS, MCOB, BCOBS, MAR), Complaints / Disputes (DISP), the Senior Managers and Certification Regime (SMCR), Prudential Reporting, and Client Asset Reviews (CASS).
- Ability to lead a team and deliver solutions to meet client needs.
- Ability to operate with stakeholders / manage projects which potentially span all functions within client organisations.
- High level of drive, commitment to achieving solutions and ability to work under pressure.
- Market network / knowledge a benefit.
- A successful track record working in Banking / Asset Management, having either trained in a Big 4 or worked in a compliance or internal audit function. The ideal candidate would have a combination of professional services assurance and industry experience.
- Professional qualification is desirable, either in practice ACA/ CA/ ACCA / US CPA qualified (ICAEW, ICAS, Irish Institute or equivalent international qualification) or an equivalent in industry, ACCA, CIMA.
- Degree qualified ideally with a 2:1 or equivalent.
- Strong knowledge of compliance regulations and related business processes and controls.
- Practical experience of having delivered remediation projects on conduct related matters.
- Experience of assurance / audit work either as an external auditor, internal auditor, forensic / financial remediation work or through controls reviews / initiatives.
- Experience of working with regulator mandated projects, such as s166 (or equivalent), either on behalf of the regulator or bank a benefit.
Who we are:
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.