FSO Assurance - Banking - Senior Audit Manager
- Édimbourg, Ecosse, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 05 oct. 17 2017-10-05
Job Title: FSO Assurance - Banking - Senior Audit Manager Location - Edinburgh Salary Level: Competitive Multiple roles available
Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime
About the role:
EY's Financial Services practice is currently undergoing exciting change. The business is rapidly growing and we are expanding our teams across the UK, in London, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Manchester, Leeds and Bristol. This growth offers great opportunities for learning and progression.
As an auditor at EY, your main aim will be to provide independent verification of our clients' compliance with accounting principles. By doing so, you will play an important role in helping businesses accurately reflect their financial picture and, in turn, protect the financial markets.
As an audit professional here you will be part of a multidisciplinary team focused on providing services to your clients as they respond to regulatory reform, manage the capital life cycle and improve business operations.
EY is committed to building a better working world for our people and in doing so, we play a critical role in attracting and retaining the future leaders of tomorrow.
We've set out a clear vision of where we expect to be in the year 2020 and have a detailed road map for reaching our objectives. As a result, you will have greater opportunity than ever before to gain insights and experiences that will last you a lifetime.
What you will do:
- Take ownership of the execution of high quality audit work on more complex audit engagements, including management of risk, independence and professional scepticism
- Manage key components of multiple audit engagements including the strategy, planning, risk assessment, team management, engagement economics and delivery of exceptional client service
- Challenge the effectiveness of the audit strategy and approach for all engagements
- Team effectively with other service lines
- Actively engage in required consultations
- Embrace feedback from internal and external inspection teams to enhance the execution of quality audits
- Enhance EY's brand positioning through strong external relationships across a network of existing and future clients
- Provide strategic and relevant insight, connectivity and responsiveness to all clients that anticipates their needs
- Maximise business development opportunities through leveraging networks across service lines and geographies
- Maximise operational efficiency with a focus on key performance drivers and improve operational practices by leading and implementing new audit solutions and enablers
- Be recognised as a respected and supportive mentor, coach and counsellor, building career value for individuals
- Build and develop high performing and diverse teams by creating a trusting, supportive and inclusive team environment
- Degree qualified
- ACA/ CA/ ACCA (ICAEW, ICAS, Irish Institute or equivalent international qualification)
- Excellent technical and industry sector expertise - Financial Services, particularly Banking and Capital Markets experience
- Business development skills, ability to identify and pursue new opportunities
- Project/financial management skills, ensure multiple projects are completed on an accurate and timely basis and within budget
- Team and peer leadership skills
- Demonstrate successful management of a number of major clients/projects (eg with sizeable listed/regulated client's)
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.