Financial Reporting Manager - Technical Specialist
- Édimbourg, Ecosse, Royaume-Uni Édimbourg Ecosse GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Change Recruitment Group
- 08 juin 18 2018-06-08
Change Accountancy are currently recruiting for a Senior Financial Reporting Manager for our client based in Edinburgh.
Change Accountancy are currently recruiting for a Senior Financial Reporting Manager for our client based in Edinburgh. A lead role in the business, the successful candidate will take a pivotal role in the shaping and review of the groups approach to reporting standards and working closely with stakeholders across the business. Applicants will ideally be qualified and have a number of years technical accounting experience, specifically reviewing IFRS and the adoption of standards to BAU. Core duties of the role will include;
· Review of new and existing entities within the business to apply knowledge of IFRS standards and how changes impact on the strategic accounting for the business
· Lead on work streams to make amendments to accounting treatments and present accounting structures and the adoption of changes to BAU reporting
· Presenting to senior management around the business case of changes made within the chart of accounts or treatments applied to existing business entities
· Working closely with Group Reporting to handle and work through accounting queries as necessary
· Completion of consolidated accounting for group returns and lead on adjustments within IFRS as required and necessary
· Completion and lead on the timetable for annual statutory accounts returns both for UK and Global entities
· Horizon scanning of upcoming regulatory and accounting policy changes and working closely with accounting policy to discuss and review impacts
· Development of relationships and a wider network across group finance
· Line management of a small team
Applicants for this role must have a comprehensive understanding of IFRS Accounting standards, consolidated accounting and the development of new standards and how they would be adopted by the business. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential for the role as well as the ability to influence others and drive an agenda of change.
In return the successful applicant will get the opportunity to work with a global financial services firm and lead on their financial strategy and the direction the business takes as the accounting policy landscape changes over the next few years.