GVP Production Management Analyst
- Édimbourg, Ecosse, Royaume-Uni Édimbourg Ecosse GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 17 août 18 2018-08-17
See job description for details
We're looking for a Production Management Analyst to join us in Edinburgh
- Join our Technology team and help us build our configuration management database
- You'll have an unrivalled and complete view of the IT landscape, and the opportunity to network and forge productive relationships across the whole of Technology
- Hone your existing analytical skills and advance your career in this exciting, fast paced role
What you'll do
You'll be proactively promoting and supporting Configuration Management, providing user training, handling user requests, assessing tooling change requests and responding to general queries within the confines of the process/tool. As well as this, you'll be identifying proposed changes which have potential or actual process impact and documenting these for stakeholder sign off.
- Contributing to the delivery of continuous improvement plans and recommending process and tooling improvements
- Assisting the Configuration Managers with process and tooling governance testing to evidence successful control of risk
- Producing value added reporting from the configuration management tool, including automation and self-service where cost effective
- Working closely with other Configuration Management specialists and analysts to ensure operational alignment and advice on effective use of configuration data
- Actively supporting and contributing to the embedding and further development of the Configuration Management function
The skills you'll need
You'll need experience working within Service Management, and you'll ideally have either an ITIL accreditation with an external accreditation or experience of working within a technical platform or an application support or development role. You'll also need to be an excellent communicator, capable of comprehending information and getting the right level of detail from stakeholders.
- Good knowledge of and commitment to the principles, aims and benefits of Configuration Management
- Experience of delivering excellent customer service
- Sharp attention to detail
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.