- Édimbourg, Ecosse, Royaume-Uni Édimbourg Ecosse GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 21 mai 18 2018-05-21
See job description for details
Join us in Edinburgh as an Infrastructure Engineer working on Oracle databases
- You'll work closely with a diverse range of stakeholders in Hosting Services and Internal Application Development, making sure our database engineering products meet business requirements
- You'll be joining a team with a good culture and will get involved with a lot of different areas
What you'll do
As Infrastructure Engineer you'll deliver engineering services to our business and technology functions for strategic Oracle database platforms. You'll report into the Lead Oracle Engineer and be responsible for delivering against the infrastructure technology roadmap and the development of new standard, global services to support our business and application requirements. In addition to this your main responsibilities will include:
- Developing the database platform standard build including enhancement, maintenance and management
- Implementing and maintaining security and auditing best practice
- Database patch management and release process development and improvement
- Designing and developing tools and expertise for pro-active evaluation, analysis and remediation of database environments providing optimum performance and reliability
- Maintaining market awareness of new products that could potentially offer improved value to the operations and application development
The skills you'll need
While this isn't a Database Administrator role, previous DBA experience would be highly valuable, as would an awareness of current technology, in particular its deployment in financial services or other innovative technology users. We also want you to have a clear understanding of infrastructure engineering operating models and technology leadership within a database environment. This should include engineering, implementation and past operational experience within the following areas:
- Shell Scripting, Perl and PL/SQL experience
- Automated deployment methods and products
- Database consolidation and virtualisation practices for example, 12c multitenant architecture, VmWare
- Data distribution and replication methods including Oracle Goldengate and ODI
- Redhat Enterprise Linux, support infrastructure for example NIS, NIS+, LDAP, NFS and Samba
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.