The Business Join us in Edinburgh as an Infrastructure Engineer
What you'll do
- This role will see you providing stakeholder technical support, advice and guidance to meet team needs
- You'll be working on puppet development of the Windows server builds and on patch sets
- This role offers variety as well as the opportunity to develop your skills
We'll look to you to provide technical leadership and direction in low level component design, implementation, technical testing and support of IT systems. Working closely with your team, you'll fulfil the demanding requirements of change, KPIs, security, audit and compliance.
You'll collaborate and influence colleagues and stakeholders across the bank and third party suppliers on the Windows platform, ensuring recommendations are in line with policy. You'll also act as a central point of customer contact and third level support which will include providing specialist knowledge to the RBS server build framework.
As well as this you'll:
The skills you'll need
- Continuously evaluate productivity and identify initiatives for service improvement
- Communicate results to your stakeholders
- Mentor and develop junior team members to satisfy the expected deliverables in line with changing requirements
We're looking for someone with Windows Server technical experience 2008-2019, and strong coding skills. You'll have effective communication and influencing skills with the ability to interact with stakeholders at all levels.
You'll be able deliver results within set timescales, and you'll have experience working within similar large corporate environments. Along with Agile experience including toolsets such as Jira, Confluence and Bitbucket, you'll have an appreciation of supporting complex systems in production. You'll also have the ability to follow rigorous change process and procedures.
In addition to this, you'll demonstrate:
How we'll reward you
- Experience as a Windows Engineer
- Excellent infrastructure knowledge including Virtual and high-availability solutions
- An understanding of risk and change processes
- Experience working in large, complex organisations
- Experience with T-SQL, VBS, Powershell, Puppet, C#, ASP.net and Ruby
- Experience using JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket, ServiceDesk, Artifactory, DISM\IMAGEX and Packer
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer. Inclusion
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .