Infrastructure Manager, Firewall Network Specialist in Edinburgh | NatWest Group Careers
Join us as an Infrastructure Manager, Firewall Network Specialist
What you'll do
- We're looking for a Infrastructure Manager, Firewall Network Specialist to provide technical leadership and management oversight for the running of platform operations on a day to day basis
- You'll be developing platform strategies and technology road maps and enhancing our capability in managing large firewall estate in layered scalable perimeter, NWM and SDN/NSX environments
- With a broad spectrum of technology at your fingertips, you'll help to put the bank at the forefront of innovation by simplifying our services and creating the best experience possible
- Once trained up in your role, you'll become part of an on-call rota system to fully support the needs of the bank
As an Infrastructure Manager, Firewall Network Specialist, you'll be delivering a robust production management service for relevant infrastructure platforms. You'll be directing the platforms' operational stability and performance of technology, including maintaining any systems utilities and tools provided by the platform that are consistent with the service management and risks and controls framework and processes.
Day-to-day, you'll be:
The skills you'll need
- Driving the team's activities to make sure that the platform integrity is maintained in line with technical roadmaps
- Encouraging innovation to develop a continual improving implementation approach at a deliverable pace, making sure that the priorities of stakeholders are delivered and support customer outcomes
- Planning and executing work within the platform and making sure that feature development requests from cross platform initiatives are responded to on time
- Articulating, championing and planning the frequent delivery of business value and customer enhanced experience, providing clear leadership to the teams to understand and focus on customer outcomes
- Seeking out opportunities to simplify the platform architecture, services and customer solutions, and guarding against introducing new complexities
Innovation and customer experience sit at the heart of this role, so we're looking for someone with knowledge of relevant industry standard toolsets and processes to drive up customer service within an IT environment. You'll also have experience of security networking, both in design and support environment. And you'll need advanced knowledge of network security technologies including products and design.
You'll also bring:
- Technical knowledge, including platform, technology, products and domains
- Extensive experience of working on Fortinet technologies
- An understanding of operational principles
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly to colleagues, including management level
- Good collaboration and stakeholder management skills
- A solid background working in an Agile or DevOps environment with continuous delivery and continuous integration
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you're eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we'll do everything we can to help.